What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (40 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

RetroFive, you beat me ! I drove to the locks to work on a fishing boat, then watched a Raniers game in Tacoma. Got their a**es beat, but we had box seats with free drinks and food, so I guess we won !!:beer:

Not as much as I wanted, had to work :( But did give her a bath, pulled the drivers seat to see why it wouldn't move forward, and as a result, ordered new gears for it. Also ordered a switch for the CDL. Maybe next weekend will get the rest installed and play with the lift we put in last week!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using IH8MUD

Dumped all diffs and transfer case (which apparently had ATF in it), refilled w/synthetic gear oil. Dumped whatever would come out of the tranny's drain plug, refilled. Changed oil, took sample to send to Blackstone. Replaced all the vacuum lines, pulled throttle body and cleaned it and most of the intake manifold.

Oh yeah - almost forgot. Ordered Denso starter because the POS aftermarket thing I have is horrible (and to think, I let my OEM Denso go because I was too lazy at the time to rebuild it myself - damnit!). Also ordered new hydraulic lifters for the hood and rear hatch. Tired of getting hit on the head.

Last edited:
Kept Beno busy. :p

Finally installed my TJM 2" lift. It came out to almost 4" inches since my stock springs was completely dead netting about an inch before hitting the bumpstops. I'm very happy with the lift. No stinkbug look and drives really good without the caster bushing (backordered from TJM USA).

Now I gotta drop the oil pan (main and sub pan) since I'm leaking almost 2 quarts of oil. Going to order the front crank shaft seal, oil pump, fuel filter, and all accessories belts.

ForumRunner_20120422_193834.jpg

ForumRunner_20120422_193818.jpg

ForumRunner_20120422_193757.jpg

ForumRunner_20120422_193734.jpg
ForumRunner_20120422_193734.jpg
ForumRunner_20120422_193757.jpg
ForumRunner_20120422_193818.jpg
ForumRunner_20120422_193834.jpg

drove mine about a mile to get some breakfast burritos, thought about adding some power steering fluid but the burritos smelled to good.

Started a knuckle rebuild but found my lower knuckle bearing is shot. gotta get a new one. She sits patiently on the jackstands.

Did get my buddies 60 done though!:beer:

toolmanwatson1 said:
Went out to a place in Utah called "Little Moab" to see if the truck would do well since I only got it 2 months ago-

I let the oldest(19) and the youngest(12) drive it for the first time, also got the five year hooked on cruisers.

:bounce2::bounce:

Awesome!

Reinstalled my flares and replaced the rubber seals/gaskets.

Cant edit to add a pic from my phone for some reason.
ForumRunner_20120422_184243.jpg

Thursday I started working on the EGR Valve/PO 401 issues. Replaced some hoses.

Frisco to Moab with 2 people and 4 bikes.

Rides in Arches, Magnificent 7-Gold Bar-Portal, and Klondike Bluffs.

Gore Range native elk for dinner both nights.

The 80 drove 4 guys and 4 bikes (2 in, 2 on the hitch rack) comfortably for shuttles to and from the house in Castle Valley to our rides north of Moab. We were all amazed with the utility the Land Cruiser provided. Our other vehicle was a 2010 Tacoma Ext Cab effectively all Slee'd out.

Left Friday morning about 10am.

Just got home at 1030pm Sunday night.

15-16 mph the whole trip, 80mph on the Interstate, 2.5 tanks of gas. Working on the EGR system and replacing hoses made a difference with how smooth the truck ran and mileage, especially at that speed. I'll definitely be completing this repair with new Modulator, Valve, VSV, and factory hoses soon.

Took it to the mountains to wheel with a couple of friends. Blew a KM2.
DSC03113.jpg

Drove all over Klamath County. Fished, hiked, and shot some targets. Think I've got a bad wheel bearing, definitely need to replace the serpentine belt.

lets see, i took her out of the garage, checked fluids, went and put $68 in gas, air in the tire, went to the mall, came home and went to wal mart the next day, back in the garage until the weekend.

saving up to do a massive overhaul of all the fluids and engine tune up all at once.

First mod in probably 2 years.
photo.JPG

toolmanwatson1 said:
Went out to a place in Utah called "Little Moab" to see if the truck would do well since I only got it 2 months ago-

I let the oldest(19) and the youngest(12) drive it for the first time, also got the five year hooked on cruisers.

:bounce2::bounce:

That's a Christmas picture to send to the folks.

Sent from my mudPhone using IH8apple

Started it on a 2000 mile road trip with the fam. 13mpg across Kansas and I was smiling all the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom