What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (40 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Its GW Nugget's fault! he gave me the info and stated what I said based on his numbers! hahaha.....just looking at the specs people(GW Nugget mostly) posted on these(GW Nugget's) threads......J springs are just a "lift" spring! I am talking about competition springs and its capacity to handle load. If i remember correctly, the load rating per inch for slinky springs were around 290/in?...which is not enough.

My truck was 8lbs shy of being 7200lbs and this was on an empty tank of gas and no water in my 3 jerry cans....empty fridges and not having my battery bank of 2 group 31.

@Box Rocket can you check if your links and arms bind anywhere on the frame side when you fully droop? I might want to try the springs but it was the load capacity that stopped me from ordering them.
My truck weighs about the same. The slinky heavies have done great with the loads. :shrug:

Autocraft spec Icon 2.0 14" travel. They are the ones in the Stage 1 Slinky kits. Hoping to upgrade them to the Stage 4 2.5 CDC reservoir Icons soon.

If you go too long of shocks and droop too much you will damage or rip out your mounting points unless you reinforce them somehow. That is why I removed my 6" springs because it was starting to bind in some areas...It is really hard to dial in the suspension on these trucks without spending a fortune!

J springs are great for rock crawling though! they are nice and soft, just need a good set of shocks to control the body movement!

Its GW Nugget's fault! he gave me the info and stated what I said based on his numbers! hahaha.....just looking at the specs people(GW Nugget mostly) posted on these(GW Nugget's) threads......J springs are just a "lift" spring! I am talking about competition springs and its capacity to handle load. If i remember correctly, the load rating per inch for slinky springs were around 290/in?...which is not enough.

My truck was 8lbs shy of being 7200lbs and this was on an empty tank of gas and no water in my 3 jerry cans....empty fridges and not having my battery bank of 2 group 31.

@Box Rocket can you check if your links and arms bind anywhere on the frame side when you fully droop? I might want to try the springs but it was the load capacity that stopped me from ordering them.
Last time I check a 5" rear comps are a 280lbs rate... I did write 160/290 but was wrong & will update my thread the 7511 Slinky rear dual rate is 160/320 & they have two more coils stronger than that.
@AutoCraft Aus can answer any questions if asked.

Last edited:
so to clarify, who is actually importing these springs to the US? It would be interesting to try these springs with my King shocks....might have to revalve them accordingly but worth an experiment.

Redline Cruisers are the distubution, Auto Craft are the manufacturer. @RLMS @AutoCraft Aus

If you go too long of shocks and droop too much you will damage or rip out your mounting points unless you reinforce them somehow. That is why I removed my 6" springs because it was starting to bind in some areas...It is really hard to dial in the suspension on these trucks without spending a fortune!
I don't do as much rock crawling these days so maxing out droop happens more from getting a little air at speed than it does from droop in the rocks.
Never a bad idea to beef up the shock mounts but the issue you bring up can be handled with limit straps.

where do you find the info on the springs on that website? ...is it just me or is that site not really functional?

I don't do as much rock crawling these days so maxing out droop happens more from getting a little air at speed than it does from droop in the rocks.
Never a bad idea to beef up the shock mounts but the issue you bring up can be handled with limit straps.

great more things to buy and weigh down the 80...:wrench::meh:

the load rating per inch for slinky springs were around 290/in?...which is not enough.

My truck is 7600 lb and the intermediates in the rear are pretty good at 70mm lift loaded ;)

We use the heavy duties in up to 9500 lb trucks.

I think you might be a bit confused about spring rates ;)

Nice truck! I see new tires and alignment in your very near future

Thanks! I've only had it for a few days now. The tires arent as bad as the picture lets on, but in the next couple months, yes, I want to get a set of either Grabber AT2's or BFG KO2's.

My son texted me when he got to school this morning. Gotta love this kid.

image.png

Even though I've had my 92 for 24+ years I still get excited when I see it!
image.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom