What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (78 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thats the way travel should be if you prepare before you leave! Good job on your prep

Ironically, my alternator died the evening before the day I was leaving.

Today I did new rear calipers, oil/filter, transfer case oil, rear and front diff oil, trans drain and fill. Got some more gear ready

I posted a pic of it earlier. I extended my front diff breather. The original was completely plugged. Couldn't even force air through it. Which made me think...

My knuckles have been puking grease since I got her. I checked my front diff and no birf soup. So I'm guessing the pressure build up in the diff was pushing out but not letting anything in. Does this make sense?

Was going to extend the locking diff breather as well but Mr. T thought it would be funny to use a smaller nipple on the actuator than the diff. So I didn't extend it. Will do so tomorrow. After I take my son fishing.

Speaking of beaver...

My son and I decided not to go canoe fishing tonight but get up early tomorrow to go. Instead we went to a lake by our house. He was around the corner fishing and I heard him laughing and running. Apparently the beaver scared the crap out of him. He had to be a solid 90 lbs.

image.png

Speaking of beaver...

My son and I decided not to go canoe fishing tonight but get up early tomorrow to go. Instead we went to a lake by our house. He was around the corner fishing and I heard him laughing and running. Apparently the beaver scared the crap out of him. He had to be a solid 90 lbs.

View attachment 1295532

Reminds me of when I was kid. I was wading in the lake using a casting net to catch shad for cut bait and a beaver swam by, popped the water with its tail... scared the crap out of me and I hauled ass for the bank. My uncle and dad still to this day said I walked on water.....

Ha!

J

Steering shaft boot, among other things. Sure helps to have all that room! Hope to reinstall engine and tranny tomorrow. I'll keep you posted.

IMG_2277.jpg

IMG_2286.jpg

IMG_2287.jpg

Got my truck back on Thursday but had to abandon her again and fly to Dallas (That place is hotter than Satans armpit). Got back today and treated her to a cheap dinner and a Sunpass...time to explore Florida....

20160723_152430.jpg

20160721_180256.jpg

20160723_152606.jpg

I posted a pic of it earlier. I extended my front diff breather. The original was completely plugged. Couldn't even force air through it. Which made me think...

My knuckles have been puking grease since I got her. I checked my front diff and no birf soup. So I'm guessing the pressure build up in the diff was pushing out but not letting anything in. Does this make sense?

Was going to extend the locking diff breather as well but Mr. T thought it would be funny to use a smaller nipple on the actuator than the diff. So I didn't extend it. Will do so tomorrow. After I take my son fishing.

Just FYI, the new locker harness you are ordering will have a hard plastic (similar to ARB air hose) breather line in the loom with the wiring. The hose is meant to be inserted into the short stub of rubber hose you still have on your locker actuator. It extends the breather at least as high as the top of the frame (same level your stock diff breathers should have been...) Of course, it doesn't hurt to extend it further than that, but the fact that the stock breather is already secured in the wire loom is pretty handy. Your rear locker harness should also have a breather hose in it.

Backyard harvest! Finally got some use out of my ARB bumper.
image.jpeg

My son and I got up before dawn and hit the road to go fishing. Headed about 90 minutes south to Belva Deer Lake. Yes, that is how it's spelled. The fishing was really good up until about 11am. Of course we stayed another 2 hrs trying to catch "one more".

Now it's nap time and then some PM on the 07 Camry Hybrid.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Finally made it to the Annual Cruiser Gold Rush at Gold Lake...
image.jpg

Met a bunch of new friends, and put faces on the mud handles... It was great to meet ya'll...
image.jpg

image.jpg

And had an excuse to wear my new shirt from my lady...
image.jpg

image.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom