What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (17 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I finished my oil catch can, and my intercooler arrived...
The intercooler will be front mount - I was bored so thought I would see how it would look / fit top mounted....

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Pulled a tilted (storm blow over) hung up White pine upright and beyond so I could process it in a nice open meadow instead of having to process it while it was all hung in some neighboring trees.....~55 feet tall and 30"DBH - After I brushed it out I stood the stick back up so the root and soil layed flat again, then I dropped the stem....

Glad that bumper continues to serve your needs Rob!

J

For sure your rear bumper and rear frame replacement inner channels give me some peace of mind when rigging/pulling - thanks for making some awesome stuff!

Finally started installing "new" stuff into the '86 FJ60 project vehicle (much of it transplanted from the '89 FJ62 donor vehicle):

FJ60-Dash-Installation-9.jpg

The bit of wiring shown penetrating the firewall in the location of the former throttle linkage is the new sub-harness with the leads for the new transfer case neutral and low range indicator lights on the dash. I'm using the FJ62 transfer case behind my new H55f and didn't want the two switches on the rear half of the case to go to waste.

Last edited:
Installed a new 7* series 1HZ coolant overflow bottle. Much sleeker than the 60 series variant, especially if one is to run an aux battery and needs it relocated.

Part numbers? Couldn't quite see them in the photo. Looks like a clean set-up.

The other side of the firewall got some attention as well:

Firewall-6.jpg

Firewall-7.jpg

Note the wiring sub-harness penetration in the lower center of the second photo - for the new transfer case neutral and low range indicator lights in the dash. The oval insert that goes in the location formerly occupied by the throttle linkage is from the bed of my '09 Silverado 2500HD, it fits like a glove. I first thought of using the Chevrolet part when I noticed that my wife's '08 Malibu has an identical part inside the front drivers door, on the body, but figured I'd better not use that one :). I drilled a hole in the center for a used Toyota grommet. The other side of the penetration is shown here:

FJ60-Dash-Installation-10.jpg

This last photo also shows my modified throttle/accelerator pedal, which I pieced together using my '86 FJ60 and '89 FJ62 parts, plus some aluminum stock for attaching the pedal return spring (small hole in bottom of rectangular addition off to the left side of the pedal).

Last edited:
Installed a new 7* series 1HZ coolant overflow bottle. Much sleeker than the 60 series variant, especially if one is to run an aux battery and needs it relocated.
Will this fit in a FJ60, i.e. 2F engine? Also, cost?

I went from this:
20160822_143508[1].jpg

To this:
20160822_150638[1].jpg

What a difference new tires can make! Just waiting on my ome kit to show up.

Don't mind the bad paint. It's temporary where I was grinding rust off. Monstaliner will be put on soon.

yeah I live in GJ, i like the color too-not sure on the faux wood siding though.

I'll report back on the monstalner after it's done. Hoping to do it before winter comes.

I totally love the look of the brown/woody two-tone. I'd leave it, but that's just me :hillbilly:

Def keep the wood.... pretty unique and think yours is the only other cruiser that I have seen on here with it.

Oh and you will LOVE those S/T Maxx. Been running mine for going on 2yrs now and they have been incredible. Cant remember exactly how many miles I have on them, probably close to 10k and no road noise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom