What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (20 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Went on the Rising Sun Club's 'Ghost Town Run' on Sat./Sunday. Flogged it up Tincup Pass, Hancock Pass, and drove it up Cumberland Pass (easy). I was surprised at how well it wheeled, but it took careful driving not to cave in the body panels. My daughter and I had great fun, and the Rising Sun folks are fun to 'wheel with. I had the only 60 series and the only non-lifted truck. Got many compliments from ATV and UTV riders, and saw a much-lifted brown 60 series on Tincup. Saw mine ruins and many wildflowers. The truck ran flawlessly. Got 9.78 MPG while wheeling.

DSCN8861.jpg

View attachment 1296306

DSCN8849.jpg

DSCN8926.jpg

DSCN8919.jpg

FJ_Fix.png

Nice! Where 'bouts in southern Colorado are you? I'm in Bayfield (Still better than Durango).

Colo. Springs. I wanted to drive my FJ40 this year, but had fuel delivery issues. The automatic in the FJ62 was actually handy when trying to get up some rock ledges. The EFI was particularly nice, too.

Bought a 1970 17' AL canoe from the original owner for $200. He even threw in a selection of paddles and a doggie lifevest. Took it to a local park and paddled around with wife & dawg.

View attachment 1295932

What's the weight of the AL canoe? Our 17' Royalex boats are ca. 70 lbs.

@aaron9252 Just across the NC/SC border on the Horsepasture river, saw that the NC state record trout was caught there recently and when I looked it up realized it was very close to my grandparents cabin. Decided to check it out and it was well worth it

@aaron9252 Just across the NC/SC border on the Horsepasture river, saw that the NC state record trout was caught there recently and when I looked it up realized it was very close to my grandparents cabin. Decided to check it out and it was well worth it
That's awesome. I'm impressed they were striking with this heat. I was up at Stone Mtn this weekend and didn't see any fisherman. Was up there with the kids to soak up the cold mtn water so I didn't throw a line...now on a Monday I'm regretting it.

Hello: What is the cost for that roof rack, looks good and light.

It's all aluminum which is awesome and light! The cost starts at $500 and then depending on the number of cross rails and what coating it can get up to about $800. All installed it weighs in at about 60 lbs with everything I have on it. I have a few extra cross rails.

www.prinsudesignstudio.com

This is a prototype the final offering should be on his website soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom