What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (46 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Drive shaft should installed the other way around.

Nope

Looks like he's running a DC due to pinion angle.

Yep

Running an early FJ60 front shaft at both ends. The slightly tipped up pinion makes a huge difference in the rocks, more than I would have thought. In a way, getting that pinion angle just right, is the hardest part of the swap. Test fit, adjust, test fit, tack weld, adjust, break tack welds, adjust, measure again, bolt in, tack weld, unbolt, remove axle, final welding, install. Just getting the perches on to my satisfaction took 1 day, the shock mounts and e-brake took a day, and the master cylinder, brakes and brake lines took a day.

Tested out the new ATV roof rack and LED lights for the first time at our favorite river spot. Takes a bit of 4x4 to get into it, a little mud on the tires. Kids loved the new light to play in the sand. Had the best baked potatoes cooked right in the coals of the fire. LED's ran the battery down but I got one of those tiny jump boxes Amazon.com: Nekteck Multifunction Car Jump Starter Portable Power Bank External Battery Charger 600A Peak with 16800mAh - Emergency Auto Jump Starter for Truck Van SUV Laptop Smartphone USB Device and More: Automotive . Thing actually jumped my dead battery and started my cruiser! Here are some pics..

IMG_20160207_094512410.jpg
IMG_20160207_094455917_HDR.jpg
IMG_20160206_172819654.jpg
IMG_20160206_190446964.jpg
IMG_20160206_172953704.jpg
IMG_20160206_201219132.jpg
IMG_20160206_192050175.jpg

@WAEPLORERJR, THAT is what having a Cruiser is all about. Love it.

Last edited:
My a new OEM front bumper on. Way better looking than my old bent one. Props out to Beno for the hook up on it!!! Thanks Beno!!!

Tech Writeup: Headlight Warning Buzzer

This mod uses the seat belt warning relay to make it into headlight warning buzzer

I stumbled on this old thread and made it happen in a little over an hour this weekend. I used the two diode method so it beeps with keys in the ignition and/or lights on when the driver's door opens. The only thing I would add to this write up is that I had to splice into the green wire before the glove box light, not after the light at the ground pin like what is pictured in the write up. I had to do this to get it to work probably because of the LED glove box light, the voltage after the LED was not enough to trigger beeper. So I popped the glove box light out and spliced into the green wire (12v+) before it reaches the light. I like this mod better than the buzzer in the fuse box even though it is a little more work - the warning sounds how it would sound if Toyota had done it this way and it doesn't clutter the fuses.

Installed my new Trail Taylor roof rack.
Thanks Jason

Wow-very nice.

Got a weight?

The reason I ask, is that I have a full length Tradesman rack that weighs about 80 pounds. If you are under 50, I might have a trip to Wyoming in my future.

Wow-very nice.

Got a weight?

The reason I ask, is that I have a full length Tradesman rack that weighs about 80 pounds. If you are under 50, I might have a trip to Wyoming in my future.

Andy, how many mounts are you wanting? Each mount and plate is about 2#s... I can get you really close to 50# if you shave 2 mounts and 2 crossbars.

Jason

4wheelfever thanks for posting that up! I don't know if anyone else has had my problem with the fuse box method but I get a constant background buzz with it so I had to disconnect it. drove me nuts. this may be another way for me to put the buzzer in after all

Installed an intercooler on my 2H turbo. Tried to keep the piping routing clean. Still small odds and ends left. Have to pull it all out, paint up the mounting bracket and areas cut.

Got the timing cover gasket and seal replaced, repainted the cover and the crank pulley and put them back on, bolted the coolant pipe back on the back of the cover. Put the new water pump on, replaced lower and upper thermostat gaskets, thermostat and o ring. Replaced all the coolant hoses and clamps from the water pump to oil cooler and to heater core pipe. Put the fan and clutch back on, shortened, cleaned up and painted the idler adjuster and put it on, put all 3 new belts on, removed the bearing from the a/c idler, I'll go tomorrow and have one matched up (another part that's N/A) and replaced before putting in the new radiator I picked up today. Put the new rubber isolator on between the a/c bracket and the large coolant pipe.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom