What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (20 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yep, the RH is longer (and more expensive) and it's not necessary. Post #381 I put them on my 60
Yup it is longer by about an inch of two... With the standard 16" wiper it just about touches the edge when vertical. I mounted mine on the drivers side (since it is what came with my package) for a bit of a wider sweep.

Awesome. Thanks Theron. BTW, nice exploring pictures of you and Maddie. I've enjoyed following your adventures. Keep posting!!

Yeah been following you through tumblr and instagram for a while. My wife love looking at your pics and Loki the Wolfdog on instagram.

20705f2ca2e244ec2442a126329c9b13.jpg

New ARB

Sent from my iPhone

Went wheeling a bit tonight after trying to get a game plan for patch welding. Don't feel great but didn't want to stay cooped up in the house.

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1448085721.876059.jpg

I use a super siphon to move gas from the cans to the tank, but the smell of gas in the cab when I bring the hose in is annoying. So, I came up with a way to store it outside yet keep it clean, along with some other stuff I have occasion to use at the back of the truck. I had the can, cost was $22 for aluminum angle, about $6 for hose clamps, had the "anti-rattle hose" on the handle (hose through the handle loops, not shown in pics). My original plan was to use the can rack bolts to mount the ammo can but they were too wide, so I used the angle to get below the bolts and hose clamps over the top of the angle to hold secure the ammo can. Oh, there was a can of satin XO rust paint, don't recall what it cost.

20151121_123055.jpg

20151121_123239.jpg

20151121_121935.jpg

20151121_121929.jpg

What haven't I done this weekend? Cut some rust out (trying to decide whether to use a free 20 ga. hood for patch panels or take Wednesday off and go pick up a sheet of proper 18 ga.), removed the transmission, and am working on getting the manifold off to fix an exhaust leak.

Cause all the cool kids are doing it...

Installed the 4 runner wiper arms. My old ones weren't clearing and needed a repaint. When I saw Onur @beno post the part #'s I had to have them.

Have only used them with the windshield washers so far but they are noticeably better.

Genuine Toyota wiper blades and arms:
image.jpg

Original vs. new:
image.jpg

5 minutes later and I'm good to go...
image.jpg

Big storm coming tomorrow - bring it on!!!

-Ed

Yup I need to get some different wiper blades for mine... Mine came with cheapo Costco Goodyear $8 jobbies which do not clear overly curved windshields like ours. Newer vehicles they do just fine on.

Wrangled a FJ62 carcass for the pulling of the 3FE. The FJ60 with 12k Warn winch served to belay the 62 down the mild slope.

DSCN6201A.JPG

Began the teaching of my youngest in the use of a winch. At the touch of the switch he would pay out a short length of winch line.

DSCN6218A.JPG

FJ40 with Warn 8247 was used to guide the FJ62 downslope and under the framework (overbuilt swingset) for the lifting of the engine.

DSCN6204A.JPG

Support under the 3FE had been a ratchet strap since the transmission and crossmember had been removed months ago.

DSCN6217A.JPG

No rural household is complete without at least 2 winch equipped Land Cruisers :hillbilly:.

@Godwin what's the condition of that 62 tub? Very interested...

Very good but not perfect. This was a GA and AL rig so no significant rust, only some surface rust. A hole was cut in the roof in the rear for an antenna, right rear roof line has a dent from a falling limb, original paint was blue, it was repainted green which actually looks good. Headliner is still in and not too bad.

PM sent...

Test fitted new to me custom front bumper. Weighs in about 105 lbs. Thinking about eliminating the top bar and covering up the large fog lamp openings. Have some PIAAs to mount once mounted. May just run it as is before finalizing. Still will have to figure out winch mount options. And one of these days get powder coated.

uploadfromtaptalk1448400106485.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1448400114856.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1448400081801.jpg

Wrangled a FJ62 carcass for the pulling of the 3FE. The FJ60 with 12k Warn winch served to belay the 62 down the mild slope.

Began the teaching of my youngest in the use of a winch. At the touch of the switch he would pay out a short length of winch line.

View attachment 1166595

No rural household is complete without at least 2 winch equipped Land Cruisers :hillbilly:.

Holy crap he is getting started young with the whole ExPo I am going glamping look. ;)

Just kidding, he must be a fan of Crocodile Dundee though.

I pulled the fuel tank from my 62 on Sunday. 15gals of very old gas in it. Also got rear bumper off and stock tire carrier out. Bunch of small parts also came off. Got all the wiper linkages out of the cowl and cleaned the cowl up real good. Washed all doors, cowl and rockers out with water after a serious vacuum job.

Cheers

Wow you got a lot more than we did down in Carson... Ground is barely wet down here and it was snowing big, fat heavy flakes for about 20 minutes but that was it.

Yeah, that was up in the north west, a little higher elevation. Wet, slushy stuff. It was very satisfying to lock the hubs and punch thru it with ease. :cool:

Yeah, that was up in the north west, a little higher elevation. Wet, slushy stuff. It was very satisfying to lock the hubs and punch thru it with ease. :cool:
I bet, especially with that V8 growling all the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom