What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (30 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

DIY carpet dye and window tint weekend. Also added some stickers!

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1444683002.773962.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1444683023.323679.jpg

What do you have a 60 or 62? Tanks are still available for the 60s but not 62s. Along with tank numerous smaller items are also replaced such as the hoses and clamps. To check if yours has had the tank replaced run the VIN here Lookup Safety Recalls & Service Campaigns by VIN.

I've had my FJ60 about a dozen years and was aware of this recall and at one time had checked to see if the tank had been replaced which it had not. I put it off and forgot about it until the topic came up recently. A few months ago I was at the local dealership and asked one of the service managers to check the recall status of my Cruiser. I think he entered it wrong because he said it had been done but I had a vague memory that it had not. The link above was posted a few weeks ago and with that I checked the status of my Cruiser, noted that it had not had the tank replaced and with this documentation made a trip to the dealership. The local place is Lynch Toyota in Auburn, AL and they were extremely helpful.

thanks for the link...I have a 60 and it looks like it has been done at some point as the site says
"
checkMark.png

There are no open Safety Recalls or Service Campaigns for this vehicle."

I think it MIT dye at Walmart it's like 3.50 or something for a bottle I used about a 1/3 to 1/2 with a half gallon of water I think it may have been to much but turned out good so I'm happy with it.

Here's a link I used black but there are other colors if you wanna try

Rit Dye Navy Blue 30, 8 fl oz - Walmart.com

That RTT looks pretty damn good!

This has probably been asked before, but what did you use to black the grille?

Cheers.
Most people would frown upon this but I used plastidip because it doesnt chip, from rocks, and if you dont like it you can peel it off... Turned out nice, because the rubber smooth out any chips I had in the chrome! And I like the flat black look!

Most people would frown upon this but I used plastidip because it doesnt chip, from rocks, and if you dont like it you can peel it off... Turned out nice, because the rubber smooth out any chips I had in the chrome! And I like the flat black look!

Looks great and I like the look myself. I need to reapply myself. Its taken a beating this summer many many miles of dirt! Like the RTT set up too. It works so well on our 60s!

Looks great and I like the look myself. I need to reapply myself. Its taken a beating this summer many many miles of dirt! Like the RTT set up too. It works so well on our 60s!
Yes they do!! I dig your cruiser! 40 wheels look damn good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom