What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (18 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The wife and I spent the past week in Yellowstone and Teton National Parks. It was a great time! Trail report thread is here.

IMGP4264-XL.jpg
Are those back windows 5% tint? I like it!!!!

Got my Ham Technician licence, KK6WRY.

Installed a Yaesu FT-2900R 2m radio:

SEP_7253.jpg

And a Larson NMO-150 5/8 antenna:

SEP_7252.jpg

Can't wait to use it! Many thanks, @Cruiserdrew , for encouraging me to get this done and for providing so much help along the way.

Strong work Steve. You'll have to show me your coax routing at some point. You got your antenna nice and high, which will always be a big help.

Micah -

You running heavy springs? How's the ride? What shocks are you running?

Micah -

You running heavy springs? How's the ride? What shocks are you running?

Ride is great I have the OME shocks up front I did the 60063 and out back I did the 60064. I talked with Kurt at Cruiser OUtfitters and went with his recommendation. Unloaded it rides better than before. WHen I have my roof top tent and all my gear to camp it drives like a dream.

I'm planning on a rear bumper tire carrier soon so that is why I went heavy that with my roof top tent made sense. On my HJ61 I did the heavy plus due to the diesel and did mediums out back and that rode well. (Still missing that truck why did I ever sell it!!!!!!)

Its nice to merge on the freeway and not feel like I'm tipping over.

Here is what I used as reference.
Cruiser Outfitters

Took the old girl on a 6000+ mile jaunt last month so I'm going to change the oil tonight and if the weather holds give her a proper bath before she's relegated strictly to pavement duty for a while.

Today the local dealership installed a new fuel tank under the recall. Cost to Toyota was ca. $1400. If you haven't had it done better get around to it. Service manager was really liking my 60, said he used to have 40.
Is there a way to find out if my California rig had it done already? I was under the impression that this could no longer be done...

Is there a way to find out if my California rig had it done already? I was under the impression that this could no longer be done...

What do you have a 60 or 62? Tanks are still available for the 60s but not 62s. Along with tank numerous smaller items are also replaced such as the hoses and clamps. To check if yours has had the tank replaced run the VIN here Lookup Safety Recalls & Service Campaigns by VIN.

I've had my FJ60 about a dozen years and was aware of this recall and at one time had checked to see if the tank had been replaced which it had not. I put it off and forgot about it until the topic came up recently. A few months ago I was at the local dealership and asked one of the service managers to check the recall status of my Cruiser. I think he entered it wrong because he said it had been done but I had a vague memory that it had not. The link above was posted a few weeks ago and with that I checked the status of my Cruiser, noted that it had not had the tank replaced and with this documentation made a trip to the dealership. The local place is Lynch Toyota in Auburn, AL and they were extremely helpful.

Thank you for that resource! I just figured out that I have both the fuel tank recall and the rear seat belt recall. I just thought those rear seat belts sucked haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom