What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (29 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

^and I think that is the best username on mud.

19705941556_7fffae3216_c.jpg
What SIZE of tire ended up on those awesome HBLs?
(I haven't been following your thread)

Balanced with Dynabeads?

Much vibration on fwy?

Best looking wheel by far. Holy crap!! Thanks for posting pics.

37x12.5r17

Drove the '62 from Colo. Springs to our cabin near Estes Park, CO - let my 15.5 year old do much of the driving and offroad stuff. Ice cold A/C, lots of cargo room, and netted 14.71 mpg on a 200 miles highway and 50 miles dirt/offroad/slow. What's not to like?

DSCN6030.jpg

DSCN6032.jpg

My wife wonders what I do all weekend while she is out of town. :)

Project #1
Saturday was spent getting 'yota u joints installed and the drive shaft balanced. The technician commented that these were the nicest u-joints he had ever installed. It's true you get what you pay for when it comes to U-Joints.

Watching the balancing process was really neat. There was quite a bit of run out at first but they did a nice job massaging it back to spec.

kQCYUF1l.jpg

Project #2
Removed the front door panels and greased up the window regulator and installed new speakers.

Project #3
Install some left over lights from my Scrambler. I think these are Hella 5000's. Nice light output for being old and dingy.

mKlhtUdl.jpg

This cruiser is getting happier all the time. Can't wait for some fall camping trips!

Balanced with Dynabeads?

Much vibration on fwy?

Best looking wheel by far. Holy crap!! Thanks for posting pics.

Thanks. And thanks to the others as well :)

So yeah, 37s. I was planning on using dynabeads but I didn't want any low speed vibration or what not so instead I'll just use the old fashioned clip on weights on the rear. The last few days I haven't had time to get them balanced... It may just be me but it feels exactly the same as balanced FJ steelies, even on the highway.. And I love me some fast driving.

The wife and I finally got to take a nice relaxing weekend camping trip! We headed out to Monroe Mountain here in Utah. The weather was great (even with the freak July hail storm), we got some fishing in, and we had the perfect camping spot! It was a great weekend!!

IMGP3711-XL.jpg

IMGP3717-XL.jpg

Nice July hail storm! Lol

IMGP3728-XL.jpg

Literally 20 minutes later

IMGP3736-XL.jpg

The perfect camping spot overlooking the lake

IMGP3746-XL.jpg

Somewhere in there is a sleeping wife

IMGP3741-XL.jpg

Great view of the lake in the morning!

The wife and I finally got to take a nice relaxing weekend camping trip! We headed out to Monroe Mountain here in Utah. The weather was great (even with the freak July hail storm), we got some fishing in, and we had the perfect camping spot! It was a great weekend!!

IMGP3711-XL.jpg

IMGP3717-XL.jpg

Nice July hail storm! Lol

IMGP3728-XL.jpg

Literally 20 minutes later

IMGP3736-XL.jpg

IMGP3746-XL.jpg

Somewhere in there is a sleeping wife

IMGP3741-XL.jpg

Great view of the lake in the morning!

C, PM me your home addy... I have an item I need to send you.

Looks like A is enjoying herself. When is it Toko's turn to camp?

J

Went up to Deer Lake in the Plumas National Forest.

IMGP3746-XL.jpg

Ok I got to know where you got that Rogue Squadron hitch plate!!

Just picked up the 60 after having an ARB compressor and locker installed in the rear by Rebel Offroad. Took her out to test it out after all the rain we've recently received. The locker makes all the difference. I hate trying to obviate all the mud after the fun is over.
Warn M8274-50 should be here today.
Also installed a 38 gal MAF long Range tank Last week. Sorry that was a little,late.

Last edited:
Quick two day trip to Silverton! Camped at the base of Molas pass, went down a beat road and camped by the river!
IMG_7707.JPG
IMG_7717.JPG

Very beautiful, woke up and decided... Lets just go to Silverton.. Being that I work on the locomotive for DSNGRR, it only fits that i took a photo next to it. ;)
IMG_7718.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom