What did you do to your pig today? (29 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Mine got new emblems on the port and starboard front fenders....thanks SOR!

DSCN1833.jpg

Scratching my head about where to find the big plastic mechanism on the interior door latch. Tired of rolling down window to let myself out:eek: Good idea for a thread ABQ:cheers:

Put lexan in the doors and put the doors on.

Put the lexan w/s in.

made and installed straps for the new fuel cell.

fabbed the mount for the rear locker cable.

Gotta go wheelin in a couple of weeks and I really want to spend T-giving break on the LV.

I've been thinking about ordering those emblems. I think your pic just convinced me. Thanks
dave:
If you're talking about the nylon base the handle rests in, I don't think it can be separated from the handle w/out breaking it. I had to find one w/the handle in it.

If you're talking about the nylon base the handle rests in, I don't think it can be separated from the handle w/out breaking it. I had to find one w/the handle in it.

Let me think, I believe I removed 3 bolts to loosen it but haven't removed the rod that is attached to it. Will do a search to see if anyone is selling any door hardware. TKS,dave

Took out all glass to get ready for a paintjob and some serious bodywork, then it snowed so...

Hey Dave, if you find a solution let me know. I broke mine on my drivers door this weekend.

Daisy was thirsty, so I slammed almost 9 qts of Mobil 1 down her throat....she purrs like a kitten....I also fixed my heater...it was the water valve on the firewall, I just opened it up....

Nuttin but look at them both. Gotta do a little lift on my eldest 62 and rebuild (pinion bearings mainly) the front diff on youngests 80 over Turkey day break. Maybe some pig love over Xmas break will be had. :pig: :pig:

Just a little bit on the pig today.

Drove the LV today. Just 10 feet or so, but I dragged her out and got it fired up, warmed up and aired up.

Tomorrow is a pig fixin day.

Not gonna watch the a$$ whoppin :lol:

mini hijack
OhioState_Logo1.jpg

Just a little bit on the pig today.

Drove the LV today. Just 10 feet or so, but I dragged her out and got it fired up, warmed up and aired up.

Tomorrow is a pig fixin day.

10 feet is 10........that LV is cool:clap:

Tru dat...everything goes out the window when game time comes with our respective alma maters. How bout if that team up north wins ...I have to paint Cochon de Tere maize and blue...and if the Bucknuts win you paint the nameless 45lv scarlett and gray :eek: Your were thinkin gray for it anyway IIRC :cheers:

Howdy! Well, I got mine back on the road again, finally. Last trail run, a couple of months ago, I gernaded the front LockRight,twisted the DS birf, and sheared the DS inner axle right at the big snap ring. Since the birf bell did not frag out, I was OK on steering and rolling, just no power to the front left. Spent the next 2.5 hours doing the hardest 2wd low driving I have ever done. I found a couple of PS topside knuckle studs loose while tearing it down, so I upgraded to 60 series studs. I added the 5th knuckle stud kit from Bobby Long, along with his newer style birf and axle. Fit pretty good. Did all the drill/tap/weld work myself, so it took a while. Just got back from the test drive, which went good, so now I'm off to a club meeting. I promised myself I would be done by today, as this is my birthday!! It's the best gift I could of given myself. John

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOHN!!! :cheers:

Nice job on the work, wondering if you have a pic of the 5th bolt mod- I bought it as well but never liked how it mounted/welded... Thanks- Aaron

I have quite a few projects going on with my 55
Installing new seats and tuffy box
Carpeting the back of the rear seat
Painting numerious little bolt ons to get rid of rust
Using external door panel clips to to install the door panels on the doors
Refurbishing the heater

Most recent add-on was a new stereo. I got this cheap HD stereo at Walmart for $100. It has an 8gig SD slot inside the face plate and a USB external slot. This means I can have about 4k songs ready to blast:p No wires. I have been noticing that more and more stereo makers have stereo models that do not come with a CD player. Good idea.

I am also working on a project I stoled from Ll'John. Replacing all my steel bolts with SS bolts, washers and lock washers. I know there are a few posts about this already, but I am just getting started. I got all my SS bolts and stuff from Boltdepot. Not expensive if you by large numbers. Replacing a several bolts a day, when I get a chance.
frj55 001.JPG
frj55 002.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom