Builds What did you do to your Land Cruiser/Toyota/Lexus 4X4 this week? (30 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Added a red dimable LED strip to the hatch to improve night vision and reduce bugs. This is in addition to a previously install white LED strip also dimable. The two light sources are selectable with an all off option.

View attachment 1251834
Need to add a stripper pole to the tailgate with the red lighting

Added a red dimable LED strip to the hatch to improve night vision and reduce bugs. This is in addition to a previously install white LED strip also dimable. The two light sources are selectable with an all off option.

View attachment 1251834

I like the LED light bar a lot. But for a vehicle I don't camp out of often plan just using some of the Harbor Freight triangle LED lights, both red and white. With a magnetic on the back with hold as long as you have a area of steel body available. 60 series have nice wide area along the bottom of the hatch just perfect for this. Just need to get some new struts because the current struts only work when the weather is warm.

Need to add a stripper pole to the tailgate with the red lighting

The Harbor lights have a flashing red light option.:hmm:

You had your collection before you retired - LOL !!!!!

But has anyone seen me on a run in anything but 4Runner?

I need to get rid a bunch of that so called collection. Funny every time I mention this I get a few asking about my 45.:hmm:

And no it's not going to be for sale any time soon.

Don't think it's automatic retire and you get to buy Land Cruisers. I retired and haven't bought any LCs.:( Can think of at least four 200 series LCs in the club. I wanting to see them out on the trail. Any 200 owners planning taking one on the June run?

We are still in debate between gx and 200. If I get the Rock Warriors powder coated in time, I may be obligated to take the 200

We have had as many as four 200 series on the trail. Box Canyon we had three or four and all performed very well.

I need to get rid a bunch of that so called collection.

Sell a handful of the "yard art 40's" and use the proceeds to make one really nice drivable one that you can take on these CSC trips

Last edited:
Sell a handful of the "yard art 40's" and use the proceeds to make one really nice drivable one that you can take on these CSC trips

I would except if I did that the current FJ40 prices would crash if I dumped that many on the market at once.

I also have a issue of having some else doing the work for me on my old cruisers. Parts is not the problem it's finding the space and time.

I got emissions done on the 80 and the guy tried to use the rear wheel drive wheels while reading the emissions. I ran up and stopped him. I shouldn't assume folks have any idea what a Landcruiser is...

I got emissions done on the 80 and the guy tried to use the rear wheel drive wheels while reading the emissions. I ran up and stopped him. I shouldn't assume folks have any idea what a Landcruiser is...
:doh: :slap:

Same thing happened to me few years back. I had my head down writing a check and when I looked up all hell was breaking loose. Thankfully no damage to people or property.

I had been to this same facility three years in a row (95's can only get a 1 year registration) without issue so I became complacent. Lesson learned.

The emissions testers only know that Subaru is all wheel drive. A Toyota full time four is just beyond comprehension.

Same thing happened to me few years back. I had my head down writing a check and when I looked up all hell was breaking loose. Thankfully no damage to people or property.

I had been to this same facility three years in a row (95's can only get a 1 year registration) without issue so I became complacent. Lesson learned.
I was bummed because of any vehicle the cruiser is one I would be happy to register for 2 years a pop!
Oh well

I was bummed because of any vehicle the cruiser is one I would be happy to register for 2 years a pop!
Oh well

I feel exactly the same way !

95's can only get a 1 year registration

Interesting I thought my 89 only had to go thru emissions every two years. I moved it to Northern Arizona twelve years ago. Is the every year thing rolling, so once a certain age it has to go every year or does it stop in 96 with OBDII? No plans on selling my 89 and registered for another five years last Oct.

Interesting I thought my 89 only had to go thru emissions every two years. I moved it to Northern Arizona twelve years ago. Is the every year thing rolling, so once a certain age it has to go every year or does it stop in 96 with OBDII? No plans on selling my 89 and registered for another five years last Oct.

2 year registration starts with 1996. My 80 was build in 5/95 and is fully OBDII compliant, but the rules is the rules at ADOT.

Tires wheels on the new ride. Toyo 275/70/18 on Fuel Anza wheels.
20160505_182847_zps3twbzwqq.jpg

20160505_171029_zpsjgbchvq0.jpg

20160416_141215_zpsb0c28vr1.jpg

Last edited:
well, here she is. @wtmtnterror did most of the work putting them on :kiss:
the front mud flaps were rubbing so I took them off. it still rubs a touch but hubby says once we get the front spacers on it should alleviate the problem. looks like I may need a small lift though. :D I am hoping to take her on the run next week, we still haven't decided. @wtmtnterror wants to take the 100...we may be bringing both :p Chicks in the 200

0506160806a_HDR.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom