Builds What did you do to your Land Cruiser/Toyota/Lexus 4X4 this week? (9 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Got distracted while working on my Patina Pig. Left the key in the on position for too long. Heard a whistle then a POP followed by smoke coming out from under my hood. They don't call it Flame Thrower for nothing! Stinks pretty good too once blown.
2015-11-28 14.28.33.jpg

Ouch

In the past couple months I have,

Had the front brakes replaced
Had the power steering pump replaced
Replaced the radiator and hoses
Had the oil cooler pulled and tested
Had the cooling system flushed
Had the transmission serviced
Changed the oil

Next up is replacing the control arm bushings

What is the story there?
What is the story there?
Was backing down off a dead end without my spotter, ran over a soft ledge that some water had undercut. It held up when the rear went over, but collapsed under the front. This was one of those times I really really wish I had lockers. I broke something in the front diff trying to get out. Major metal grindage. Time to find a good differential mechanic. Not my forte'.

Well this has been a busy week. Messed up my tire rack last weekend and had to remove the bumper and re-weld the pivot. Then an oil change. Then added some new LED flood lights. Then fixed the exhaust rattle from a broken stay.

The hole where the pivot was:
Broken Bumper.jpg
Added some torsional reinforcement:
Reinforced Bumper.jpg

Back in place ready for cleanup:
Weld Bumper.jpg

Happy bumper :)
Bumper.jpg

Bad Stay 1.jpg

Where was this?

This :bang:

20151127_172019-jpg.1168641

Was backing down off a dead end without my spotter, ran over a soft ledge that some water had undercut. It held up when the rear went over, but collapsed under the front. This was one of those times I really really wish I had lockers. I broke something in the front diff trying to get out. Major metal grindage. Time to find a good differential mechanic. Not my forte'.

That sucks, but if you trashed your diff Zuk is local !

Toyota Gear Installs

thanks Jackson

I saw this truck on Sarival? Really clean! I'm in Palm Valley.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom