Builds What did you do to your Land Cruiser/Toyota/Lexus 4X4 this week? (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Added a set of manual hubs to my 91 yesterday..
uploadfromtaptalk1444689454881.jpg

Then clearenced the center caps so I could still install them.
uploadfromtaptalk1444689521674.jpg

20151019_170704.jpg
20151019_170711.jpg
20151019_170753.jpg
20151019_170735.jpg
Every lady deserves sexy new shoes. Gotta thank my local Discount Tire guys for hooking me up again. Now I just have to talk myself into holding off on tires for the 200

I used my beloved Cruiser for: shelter (1st), switchback washout (holy sh*t) negotiator (1st), super planted no slip with sweet articulation crawler (1st), crazy comfortable sight seeing delivery pod (1st), Sand throwing granite spewing 5.7L monster (1st), trail maintenance brush backer coming thru roller (1st), scratched my bumper and made some friends. Thanks CSC!

20151021_084232.jpg
Well, that didn't take long for me to pressure myself into acquiring yet another set of BFG KO2s. 275-70-18s now firmly planted on the 200. Discount tire employees should all send me a personal Christmas card. 3 of my cruisers now running KO2s! I should do my own BFG commercial. Have to thank @crawlAZ and @TexAZ for helping me push to do this. Couldn't stand having a 200 on pure street tires.

Last edited:
Well, that didn't take long for me to pressure myself into acquiring yet another set of BFG KO2s. 275-70-18s now firmly planted on the 200. I will have to wait until tomorrow for pictures. Discount tire employees should all send me a personal Christmas card. 3 of my cruisers now running KO2s! I should do my own BFG commercial. Have to thank @crawlAZ and @TexAZ for helping me push to do this. Couldn't stand having a 200 on pure street tires.
Now let's see the 200 in action on a trail ;)

Picked up my 3rd from Zuk, fabbed up a jack dolly for it and reinstalled the 3rd and axles last night. Easy peasy considering its a 65 lb. pile of awkward.
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1445438796.759703.jpg

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1445438818.059284.jpg

Reinstalled my front DC shaft and I think my driveshaft vibrations are gone. Now I have a new harmonic at 2500 RPM that's vibrating something metal. Maybe a heat shield or the cat close to the slider. On to the next adventure!

The easiest and one of the most satisfying fixes ever. NO MORE FLOPPY VISOR. Did the rare earth magnet in visor and headliner trick.
I'm pleased and the little lady is especially satisfied with a stiff visor. Thanks again to the Knowledge of the IH8MUD community and their willingness to share it with everyone. No pictures to follow. Visors in upright position, pretty boring.

The easiest and one of the most satisfying fixes ever. NO MORE FLOPPY VISOR. Did the rare earth magnet in visor and headliner trick.
I'm pleased and the little lady is especially satisfied with a stiff visor. Thanks again to the Knowledge of the IH8MUD community and their willingness to share it with everyone. No pictures to follow. Visors in upright position, pretty boring.

Good to hear it's not flopping around any longer. I did the magnet solution for about 2 years then mine would just hang when it wasn't tied up. I saw a local guy who put '94 Chrysler New Yorker 2-piece (1 piece won't fit) visors in and they bolted right up. I sourced a grey set on eBay and oddly enough it very closely matches my Oak headliner. These things are beyond stiff in every position. Love having the 2nd visor for the front when the main visor is pushed off to the side window. Keep the New Yorker visors in mind, the magnets are only half of the solution. ;)

Good to hear it's not flopping around any longer. I did the magnet solution for about 2 years then mine would just hang when it wasn't tied up. I saw a local guy who put '94 Chrysler New Yorker 2-piece (1 piece won't fit) visors in and they bolted right up. I sourced a grey set on eBay and oddly enough it very closely matches my Oak headliner. These things are beyond stiff in every position. Love having the 2nd visor for the front when the main visor is pushed off to the side window. Keep the New Yorker visors in mind, the magnets are only half of the solution. ;)
Thanks for the advice. I would love to have a two piece visor, AZ sun and all.

Little bit of Utah overlanding in the 200. Ran Trail into Hans Flat Ranger station and then south to Hite, Ut. Lots of flash floods and rain have eroded the trail. Made for a few sketchy moments in a stock 200 and 275-70-18 tires. Very happy with my rig though. Rangers at both ends asked if it was "real 4WD" I really couldn't do much but laugh.
20151024_142606.jpeg
20151024_142840.jpeg
20151024_155700.jpg
20151024_144002.jpg

Last edited:
Installed a Front Runner roof rack on the 100 in preparation for a Magiollina and the epic expo piggy build. It's going to take a bit of work to get the tent to fit properly with the rack facing up (to allow for a folding table stowed under the rack) but I have some aluminum on the way...

Before.

20151022_102854.jpg

Slick top looks cool.

20151022_105432.jpg

Kind of goofy looking with nothing else up there but the roof rack...

20151023_171750.jpg

Last edited:
I believe that it is called Edge of the World in Utah. Somebody correct me if I am wrong. Dont know exactly where it is but it is cool .

Top of the World, outside of Moab.

Thanks @Rudster, and @Pitch. I found it last night on Google. Cant believe with all of my time spent there, I have never gone there. Its on the list for next trip.

Thanks @Rudster, and @Pitch. I found it last night on Google. Cant believe with all of my time spent there, I have never gone there. Its on the list for next trip.
Yep, that is Top of the World. I highly suggest running Cottonwood Canyon which starts right where Top of the World starts but heads the other way. The canyon was very scenic. Its's actually part of the Kokopelli Trail.

Tina ran into something in her 200. Do you think it will buff out?

image.jpeg

took the 40 to the 4 Peaks clean-up

more people there than ever before - and TRAL successfully removed the graffiti; thanks to Brian pulling the trailer with the power washer all the way up there :bounce:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Azca
Back
Top Bottom