Builds What did you do to your Land Cruiser/Toyota/Lexus 4X4 this week? (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It sounds like the engine is coming out for powder coating.
think the engine needs to be clay bar'd. Tires on that thing will dry rot before any mileage is put on them...lol

think the engine needs to be clay bar'd. Tires on that thing will dry rot before any mileage is put on them...lol
Don't tempt me...

Found myself alone in the shop tonight... decided to 'buff my shroud' if you know what I mean...

No literally, I ground, sanded, buffed and polished my shroud after getting it back from the welder.

Made a 2nd for RockJock82 and had it welded up at the same time. He said he will use it with his new diesel motor.

2015-07-30 20.04.56.jpg
2015-07-30 20.05.23.jpg

Nice work on the Fan Shroud.....

Drove my truck on the shakedown cruise.....

- Fixed strange running gear noise at 45-50 (I left the front hubs locked from when I used the tranny/transfer to hold things tight while I broke the crank nut loose)

- Fixed low system voltage (I forgot to hook my alternator lead to my battery side terminal)

- Fixed no "Daylighters" Fog Lights (I forgot to hook lighting supply lead to my battery side terminal)

- Fixed low RPM Stall and Backfire (New plug wire wasn't seated and popped out when Distributor cover was installed)

- Headlights still not working.... (Should be a minor issue).

Good thing I "checked everything" before I took it out!

Rocky

Don't tempt me...

Found myself alone in the shop tonight... decided to 'buff my shroud' if you know what I mean...

No literally, I ground, sanded, buffed and polished my shroud after getting it back from the welder.

Made a 2nd for RockJock82 and had it welded up at the same time. He said he will use it with his new diesel motor.

View attachment 1113851 View attachment 1113852
Mike - your craftsmanship and attention to detail is outstanding - nice job on that

I finally got a hall pass for Sunday to install the lift on my 200. Been squirrelling away parts for two months....in prepping for the build I noticed i will need a 39mm 12pt. socket or wrench. Anyone have a lead on where to get one locally. I could ebay/amazon one fairly cheap, but it wouldnt be here before Sunday, with two small clones running around I don't get a free day very often, don't wan to miss this opportunity

Maybe Napa or Grainger?

I remember a old saying if a Harley isn't leaking it's probably out of oil. Think the FJ40s are the same. My problem has always been the rear seal. Little more getting at that one. Not sure how many times I replaced a pan gasket hoping it would solve the leak. Never worked.:bang:

Spot on, I gave up (after multiple tries), a little Tide, water and a floor squeegee when a clean floor is needed requires less effort.:cool:

Nice work on the Fan Shroud.....

Drove my truck on the shakedown cruise.....

- Fixed strange running gear noise at 45-50 (I left the front hubs locked from when I used the tranny/transfer to hold things tight while I broke the crank nut loose)

- Fixed low system voltage (I forgot to hook my alternator lead to my battery side terminal)

- Fixed no "Daylighters" Fog Lights (I forgot to hook lighting supply lead to my battery side terminal)

- Fixed low RPM Stall and Backfire (New plug wire wasn't seated and popped out when Distributor cover was installed)

- Headlights still not working.... (Should be a minor issue).

Good thing I "checked everything" before I took it out!

Rocky

Chuck, that is what I call a "Walk away day" or at work we say "Siempre hay manana" (there is always tomorrow).:hillbilly:

Can't believe I found these on CL, and so close to home. Couldn't pass them up.

IMG_20150731_170158288.jpg

Last edited:
Put in new to me motor and a clutch then drove 300 miles with a bit of wheeling things went well :)

Test ran my home made box scraper - I am using temporary arms right now but am planning a full 3 point hitch for the front of the 40.

IMG_6946-small.jpg

My road needs a scrapin'
IMG_6950-small.jpg

Extra weight - ready to go!
IMG_6951-small.jpg

Can you post a video of it in action?
It is really quite boring but here ya go :hillbilly:

Just like the shampoo bottle says, lather - rinse - repeat. I figure the road should be flattened out after about 672 passes.

I really need to get ripper teeth so I can break up the ground easier and finish the 3 point hitch so I can apply force via the arms instead of relying on gravity.

It is really quite boring but here ya go :hillbilly:

Just like the shampoo bottle says, lather - rinse - repeat. I figure the road should be flattened out after about 672 passes.

I really need to get ripper teeth so I can break up the ground easier and finish the 3 point hitch so I can apply force via the arms instead of relying on gravity.

Love it. Its not everyday you see a land cruiser used in this capacity. Reminds me of my snowplowing days back east. Thanks for the video

The new 2000 in the house got me motivated to take care of a few minor things on the other 2. Filled AC on the 80. So nice to have it blow ice cold air again.

Put cabin filters in the new 100 after some mediocre cleaning to get the smoke smell out. So odd to see that Toyota never put filters in there. My 2004 doesn't even have the access cover to be able to put them in. Who knew!

Love it. Its not everyday you see a land cruiser used in this capacity. Reminds me of my snowplowing days back east. Thanks for the video

Well - the 1F engine IS a tractor motor ;)

Absolutely brilliant!

All you need is a neighbor with a backhoe to generate some rock free loose material on the property, or order a load of AB.:clap:

Just to tie this installation up I got it finished and a lot but not all the Pioneer pile made it into the rig.

Finalists were:
Pioneer AVH-X5700BHS for the head unit.
Pioneer TS-G1645R in all four doors
Pioneer TS-SW2002D2 8" DVC free air subwoffer in the stock location with a custom bracket
Pioneer GM-X304 4 channel amp to drive the TS-G1645R's
Pioneer GM-D8601 to drive the sub.

End result came out pretty nice.

Added the Bass Boost control to a vacant location in the dash under the ignition. A little fiddlely but looks clean.

Nice work - like yer Frankensaw:hillbilly:

Over the years I have had many occasions to make big holes bigger so I have had to get creative. You have to be careful because I can tell you from experience, piss off the "Frankensaw" and things go to hell really fast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom