Builds What did you do to your Land Cruiser/Toyota/Lexus 4X4 this week? (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yea Murf! They were built by southern style speed out of Louisiana.

20150721_193504_resized (1024x769).jpg
Drove the FJ45 for the first time after trailering it home and fixing the breaks. Now its time to put some miles on it and prioritize my project list. (wish it would take me to cruiserfest)

did I mention the 40 passed emissions on Friday :bounce:

and that was after not wanting to start right after I got it onto the rollers :mad: - ("gear reduction starters are more reliable" my a** :rolleyes:) - :bang:

apparently, I instilled enough of a sense of knowing my 40 upon the emissions tester that he let me do a go-around :hillbilly: - second time worked without a problem :doh: - tester looked like he couldn't believe it, either :lol:

turned out that the starter had been poorly rebuilt in an earlier life - judging from the firing marks on the contacts, there had been minimal contact on one side; no wonder it was sensitive to temperature and didn't want to fire when the motor was hot :rolleyes:

I got the starter from a very reputable MUD vendor . . .

stupid simple s*** :bang:

did I mention the 40 passed emissions on Friday :bounce:

and that was after not wanting to start right after I got it onto the rollers :mad: - ("gear reduction starters are more reliable" my a** :rolleyes:) - :bang:

apparently, I instilled enough of a sense of knowing my 40 upon the emissions tester that he let me do a go-around :hillbilly: - second time worked without a problem :doh: - tester looked like he couldn't believe it, either :lol:

Bet he drooled also, if you didn't see it he hid it well. ;)
I look forward to seeing in person soon.:cheers:

Nice metal work there, Bender!

bender-smoking.jpg

Very nice Mike, when are we going to see this machine on the road?
Truck is all buttoned up except for installing the fans. The interior still needs some work but otherwise she should be drivable.

Next step is getting the exterior clay bar'd and respraying the cladding. Getting close!

Tried to install my ARB compressor and axle breather kit today. Somehow I just wound up staring at the engine compartment for 2-3 hours trying to figure where to put it. Decided to sleep on it and have a beer. I have a feeling another delay is in the making :)

Tried to install my ARB compressor and axle breather kit today. Somehow I just wound up staring at the engine compartment for 2-3 hours trying to figure where to put it. Decided to sleep on it and have a beer. I have a feeling another delay is in the making :)

It sounds like the engine is coming out for powder coating.

You guys are embarrassing me for my trifling efforts, with those trucks, and that metal work.

I got sick of my truck leaking oil (and water) all over the garage floor, so....

New front timing cover seal & gasket, water pump gaskets, thermostat, all hoses, oil pan gasket, plugs, wires, air cleaner, etc.

Compression Checked all within 10% of 150 psi per cylinder.

Painted up some parts (skid pan, clutch covers, timing cover, etc.)

Look at the last picture - no oil under the truck (a temporary condition, I am sure)

Rocky

P1010008 (Medium).JPG
P1010016 (Medium).JPG
P1010017 (Medium).JPG

P1010017 (Medium).JPG

I remember a old saying if a Harley isn't leaking it's probably out of oil. Think the FJ40s are the same. My problem has always been the rear seal. Little more getting at that one. Not sure how many times I replaced a pan gasket hoping it would solve the leak. Never worked.:bang:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom