Builds What did you do to your Land Cruiser/Toyota/Lexus 4X4 this week? (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

A couple months ago I took a brand new one with AWD and CDL out on a trail with a 2015 Murano and 2015 MDX. no big rock crawling, but through some mud, very loose rocks and steep hills each of their AWD systems actually did quite well. The RAV4 had the easiest time with no wheel slippage on the steep rock laden hill. others slipped a little, but did make it without major drama.

does rally Rav count?

Just think, remove the roof rack and ten you have to go up to 37s to hit the height sign at the airport. You have room to grow still, young grasshopper.

I don't think AWD can save my membership unless it has HIGH-N-LOW shifter.

So does this mean if I sold all my Land Cruisers but a FJ25 my Sequoia would keep me in the group not my FJ25. While it does have a transfer case (cast iron not aluminum) but only 2WD/4WD with no hi/lo range.

No I plan to selling LCs it's just the total number of them that will keep me from worrying about this for a while.:rolleyes:

Replaced the taillights on the 200 where the :princess: ran into a shopping cart.

Installed a Slee 2nd battery tray to the 100.

Replaced the EFI relay in the 80, after the engine quit on me Wednesday about 1/2 mile from my house. I was going to have it towed to CBT because I was not sure why the engine wouldn't engage. Murf told me they were swamped at CBT this weekend, so I had my wife tow me back to the house (another story), and was going to tow it there on Tuesday. I had a new EFI relay in the glovebox, so I thought I would try it. Snapped it in place, and the engine starts right up! So, once again @murf comes to the rescue, he just doesn't know it.

All in all, a pretty good weekend.

well done Brice! :clap:

Thank you for the suggestion to wait until Tuesday. You saved me $100s in towing. I owe you a nice lunch.

I bought 2 or 3 extra EFI relays from Tools when mine died in the parking lot at Subway just prior to a club run. No kidding - I walked across the parking lot to tell everyone I wasn't going, and he had the parts in a bag in his 40. I pulled one out, walked back across the parking lot to my truck, stuck it in and drove over to complete the run that day.

I keep spares in my glovebox for just this reason, because although it may not be common - if it happens to you somewhere remote - you're dead in the water,

replaced the under dash Old Air AC evaporator unit. The old unit had a bad rheostat, fan motors were getting noisy, and getting over a decade old.

The new unit works great, R12 is getting very pricey but it blows super cold :D

CAP-200.jpg

replaced the under dash Old Air AC evaporator unit. The old unit had a bad rheostat, fan motors were getting noisy, and getting over a decade old.

The new unit works great, R12 is getting very pricey but it blows super cold :D

CAP-200.jpg

Need more info. Can't remember do you still have the factory heater? Which unit is this and where did you get it? Still uses R12? Need a report how it works once we hit 110 degrees. I prefer R12 and still use it in my FJ62 and will do the same in my 40 & 45 if I find the right parts.

I removed the water pump from my 3FE...I thought i would be much simpler than it was, so it isn't back in yet. and despite using gasket remover, the original gasket still wants to hang on to the block. I also found that I'm missing a pulley!? the bracket is there...the adjuster is there, but no pulley. it's always fun opening up the hood and discovering new and bizarre things on (or missing from) my FJ80.

ps...if anybody has any tips they want to share for w/p reinstallation please share!

Need more info. Can't remember do you still have the factory heater?
There is no more factory heater. This is a AC/Heater combo unit. I just need to activate the heater control valve which sends hot water through the evaporator for heat.

Which unit is this and where did you get it?.
Got it from here > http://www.oldairproducts.com/catal...0-series-c-1_32000000_38000000_120132097.html

Still uses R12?.
Yes, it is over $100 bucks a can now though!

Need a report how it works once we hit 110 degrees. I prefer R12 and still use it in my FJ62 and will do the same in my 40 & 45 if I find the right parts.
Ive had this same unit through 2 summers now and can tell you it blows super cold. People look at me funny when its 110* out and Im driving a 40 around with the windows up ;). The secret is the largest AC condensor that Phil could find was put into the rig (see below) when he owned it. He also put a excellent custom fan shroud in it for max air pull. With the small cab I can honestly tell you that as cold as it blows, I have to turn it down sometimes.

FJ40 front end.jpg

it fits nicely in the middle bottom portion of the 40's dash

0526151256.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom