Builds What did you do to your Land Cruiser/Toyota/Lexus 4X4 this week? (10 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Picked up my puma mount, thanks Phil, did the VA120 canister mod and found a replacement for the snap door connector for my rear hatch.

No, I found it at Car quest. It works for now, but I'm still trying to find the part number or the OEM.

I show the part number of the clips on the outside ends of the rod as 90119-06297 (<$1each).

What was the PN of the clips you ordered?

EGR systems, in general, mix the air up fairly well and don't create hot spots. The recovered gas mixes with intake air early in the airflow. If that didn't happen, the affected cylinders wouldn't get equal fuel mixture and you have other significant run problems. Though if poor mixing were happening, I'd think the result would be a richer mix on the affected cylinders (warm air is less dense than cool air) and thus cooler cylinder burn temps.

All hypothetical, of course.

Then again, depending on just how lean the added exhaust air was intended to make the overall mix, the amount of exhaust might lean things more than what the air temps would enrich.

I was referring to the external heat generated from the EGR pipe.

For the past year I've had the PITA P0401 EGR CEL blaring me in the eye so I finally decided to do something about it. I ended up going the long route and seperating the intake plenum and removing the top half along with the throttle body and cleaned it up with about 3 cans of degreaser. The carbon and gunk pretty much clogged up the EGR bypass in the manifold. I replaced all the vacuum lines and a put in a new EGR valve and finally the CEL has gone away permanently and passed emissions! :steer:

Went exploring in the "Adventure Waggon"
https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/the-mud-100-series-photos-thread.91953/page-352#post-9429740

(Chihuahua, Mexico)

DSC_3483_2.jpg

Picked this up from the spa today. Thanks Kevin for storing it and help in loading the cruiser.

4x4labs.jpg
What brand bumper is that?

replaced the linkage in the 40's rear ambulance door so it will open again

back from paint with much more clearcoat for many years of buffing off desert pinstripes! All four Toyota's at my household are over 100K miles, just keep them nice and make 'em last!
paintrear.jpg
paint1.jpg
paint2.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom