Welcome! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just picked up a clean 1990 FJ62 and now I'm hooked. I live on the Northside. Would love to hang out with some cruiser junkies!

Greetings from Wallace Idaho.
I'm a bit east from ya'll but I have an addiction to Landcruisers. I now have my third one. I bought a 63 FJ40 after I was discharged from active duty in 68. Was my daily driver and had 56k miles on it when I bought it. Then I sold it in 72 as my wife didn't like it. Called it a red barn. haha So after wanting another one (wife split by the way) for many years I got serious and found one in a junkyard. PO had installed a new 350 and winch, new brakes, and duel batteries. He could not keep it running so he junked it. What he didn't do was repair/replace the wiring. I stripped out all the junk/rusted shut and delipadated electronics and wireing. I reinstalled good wiring as per code in the book and she runs sweet. Since then I have put MSD electronic ignition a Holly Truck avenger carb and an Edilbrock intake on the motor. Its pretty strong now. I also put on coil over shocks that everyone tells me are not made for the Toyota and shakles to help it a little, nothing radicle. I wanted 33's all the way around for clearance. Took the heaters apart got them working thats a must here in the north country. Replaced the origional shock on the steerring and added an extra for smoothing out the larger tires steering and drivability. No plans to do power steering. I don't find I need it.(YET) IT has a full length roof rack and extra lights up top. On a whim I was at Lowes and saw a garden trailer and looked it over and thought to myself what a cool trailer it would make for the FJ with a little modification. Bought it for around 300 I think took it home. First thing I did was put the axle under the springs the built a 3" spacer block as I wanted normal tires not the wimpy 12 inchers. I had some trailer rims laying around so I went and got some tires. Oh then replaced the origional tail lights with boat led's. Super bright when I light the running lights or brakes. Way cool. So now I locked the trailer on to the tail of my 40 and that is where it lives. Now I have all the cargo capacity I would ever want. and no weight to pull. I POR'ed the bed so it would last. Then I ran across this FJ45 swb pickup. Just cab and frame with 4"lift outboard springs up front and regular 4" lift on the back. So I am beginning a new adventure with the pickup. Needing a bunch of parts as you can imagine.
I think I got it pretty bad(or good) Don
I'm up for getting into a club also.

Last edited:
Good to see there are a few other Cruiser aficionados in the "Inland Northwest"!

I've been in Spokane for about 3 years now. Seems like I am the lone representative for the South Hill area on this board, but there have to be a few others, because i know I've seen some good looking Cruisers around town from time to time.

Like everyone else, free time is scarce, but put me down on the list of people interested in a gathering now and then. I would love to be involved with a work party, local meet and greet, or maybe even a trail ride sometime (twist my arm) to actually put these Cruisers to good use sometime.

Look forward to meeting people sometime!

Good to see there are a few other Cruiser aficionados in the "Inland Northwest"!

I've been in Spokane for about 3 years now. Seems like I am the lone representative for the South Hill area on this board, but there have to be a few others, because i know I've seen some good looking Cruisers around town from time to time.

Like everyone else, free time is scarce, but put me down on the list of people interested in a gathering now and then. I would love to be involved with a work party, local meet and greet, or maybe even a trail ride sometime (twist my arm) to actually put these Cruisers to good use sometime.

Look forward to meeting people sometime!

You on High Drive? I passed a house with a maroon FJ80 regularly when I lived on Latawah until last April.

Hey hey..

I live over by the airport (GEG). I have a 1991 fj80, nicknamed "Big Red". I get over to the ORV park on occasion, and go wheeling frequently on the weekends. I'll be happy when the snow disappears from the upper elevations and I can get back in the mountains.

To see pics of my rig visit the Spokane Picture thread.

I am following the meet up thread and will try and make it to an event soon.

Cheers,
Palmer

:steer:

Hi, my names Patrick and I will be moving to St Maries, ID this month. I will be bringing with Me 2 modded FJ60's, 1 Modded FJ40, My wifes 1997 40th anniversary #2822 FZJ80, and if you count My kids rig's a 1991 FJ80 and a 1964 FJ45 short bed non-removable top project.
My wife's 97 40th Anniversary
DSC_5660.JPG

My 87
Photo197.jpg

My 85
Photo484.jpg

My 74
5a.jpg

Last edited:
i live in cda id and i am looking for a good lc mechanic does any one know of one thanks

I got a hold of @IdahoDoug a few years ago for references in the area but I'll be damned if I can find my notes. It may be worth shooting him a message for a referral.

What do you need done?

i have some friends that own mastermind mechanics in hayden. i was going to take it to them and see how much and or if they would even do it

Hello, is there a Spokane Landcruiser Show summer 2016? If so please post any information. Thank you-Dustin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom