Welcome! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey! In case you guys are interested, there's a local club (I'm a member) called the North Idaho Trail Blazers. It's a SWB club, and there's several FJ40s, j33ps, broncos, blazers, toyota trucks, and rigs of every size.

We meet the first wed of every month at 6:30 pm at Cabela's in Post Falls to plan runs and deal with various other things. We'll be hosting our 10th annual Cabin Fever Run out of Pinehurst in April. There's 5 or 6 trails with everything from mild to wild.

North Idaho Trail Blazers

Also, for more specificity.......I life about 8 miles north of Athol, ID. (no I don't have a lisp.) ;)

Hey guys! Name is Shad Moore. Live near Joe Albi in North Spokane. Currently lin a beautiful red FJ60 ('87). Just had all new leather added to seats and doors from a great shop down in Toppinish. Getting ready for new springs and lift; she's got the notorious cruiser lean and sag. Then will talk about where to go with the engine replacment... hard because she is still going strong at 216,000. Look forward to gettin' in the mix with you all. Laters!

Another one here from North Idaho, Hayden to be exact, have two FJ40 in the Garage, goal is one on the road by end of summer, currently enrolled at NIC to learn Body work, already did the Automotive coarse and a year of welding, now all I have to do is put them together!

Had a 1980 Fj40 from 82 to 87 until having kids made my trade it in for a station wagon, worse thing I ever did!- trading in the FJ that is- great kids!

Was hoping someone would get a club going local, will check into Trail Blazers too!

See you on the trail!

Welcome Tanker, it would be kind of cool to have a cruiser chapter up here. Nampa is the only one in Idaho. I'm currently starting body work on my 60:bang: I much prefer wrenching but mechanical is all caught up for the moment. I saw the trailblazer meetings 1st wed of each month & will probably show up @ the next one to check it out. Load pics of yor projects if u can! I'll hopefully get pics of mine up next week.

Greetings, all!
I'll be up front: I'm about as green as it gets. I'm not a mechanic and I've little experience with Cruisers and off-roading in general, but I've got a rig ('84 FJ60) and am excited to get my feet wet. I guess you could call it a one-third-life crisis ;p

So glad to know there are Cruiser-heads in my neck of the woods :cheers:

Greetings, all!
I'll be up front: I'm about as green as it gets. I'm not a mechanic and I've little experience with Cruisers and off-roading in general, but I've got a rig ('84 FJ60) and am excited to get my feet wet. I guess you could call it a one-third-life crisis ;p

So glad to know there are Cruiser-heads in my neck of the woods :cheers:

Howdy, neighbor. I work in Sandpoint daily and live near Cocolalla Lake. Welcome to the addiction!

Do you have any more info or pics of your rig? Welcome!! :cheers:

bigndn: nice, so, not only in my neck of the woods, but practically my front lawn! Good to know :cool: And thanks for the welcome!

Regarding the rig, I'm ashamed to say I haven't taken any pics yet, but the on-paper breakdown as follows:

'84 FJ60, 2F w/191k, header, K&N, Weber carb, DUI dist and Livewire wires, OME 3.5" lift, 32" BFGs, ARB bumper, Warn 8k winch, snorkel (though PO never hooked it up), rack w/Hellas (just for looks at the moment :bang: ). I plan a few additional mods down the road (getting her "seaworthy", rhyno the interior, diesel swap), but there's a couple maintinance/repair issues to clear up first (valve cover and oil pan gaskets, rear main seal (supposedly) and knuckle seals). I figure a little sweat equity on my part gets me a little closer to that motor swap...no time like the present to learn :grinpimp:

I want to join a club

Thanks for posting the link for North Idaho Trail Blasers

My rig needs some work but slowly (with me pilfering every cent my wife don't notice) it WILL get done :p
1.jpg
DSC06432.jpg
DSC06429.jpg

Last edited:
Greetings

From beautiful downtown Airway Heights. My 40 affectionately named LUMP (cause all it does is sit in my shop)
has been abused and well used, and while driveable isn't road worthy. I honestly dont plan on hitting the streets for a couple of years. Due the enormous amount of work and money that will be required to make it reliable.
Did someone mention a Cruiser support group. I to am suffering from the affliction. Perhaps group therapy could do me some good.
count me in if you all wanna do a meet and greet.

Thanks for posting the link for North Idaho Trail Blasers

My rig needs some work but slowly (with me pilfering every cent my wife don't notice) it WILL get done :p

I think I'm the only member of NITB here, but I can't be sure. Hope to see you at the Aug mtg. Maybe I'll drive the '40 over. :cheers:

I think I'm the only member of NITB here, but I can't be sure. Hope to see you at the Aug mtg. Maybe I'll drive the '40 over. :cheers:

Hey was that your Cruiser in CDA on saterday? Parked a few blocks from down town...

Hey was that your Cruiser in CDA on saterday? Parked a few blocks from down town...

Not me. I was splitting firewood, plus I live near Athol. :cool:

What'd you call me?! :eek:
Cool, I will try to go to the meeting tomorrow night...but I'm not from North Idaho...they won't lynch me for that will they? I actually grew up in Harrison, graduated from Kootenai...so I guess close enough?

What'd you call me?! :eek:
Cool, I will try to go to the meeting tomorrow night...but I'm not from North Idaho...they won't lynch me for that will they? I actually grew up in Harrison, graduated from Kootenai...so I guess close enough?

:lol: Yeah, I always thought they should change the name to "Anuth".

I forgot about the mtg. Thanks for the reminder. I may be there. :grinpimp:

New to Spokane Forum

Hey there fellow Toy lovers. I am not addicted to Cruisers, my affliction is purely voluntary. I could give it up tomorrow, but my soul would be lost, my mojo dissapeared, and my paychecks amounting again. I will never give up what you all have also found.

I started with a 1988 K3500 Chevy. Bored the 454, lifted it over 38 TSLs and sold it for too little. I have been remodeling my house for a year or so and remembered why I liked grease so much. I bought a 1969 40 from a guy in Pasco, tore it down to the frame and bought a 1967 to scratch the itch. Do I really need either? Is my life impossible without them? No, but I'll never be complete without an incomplete (they're never "Done") Cruiser sitting in my garage.

Found this forum while searching for a local 70's FJ40. Lots of info here, thanks for the site. I am south of you folks - Lewiston/Clarkston area.

I guess I'm a little late to post, but I'm just getting into the LC scene again. I sold my '71 FJ40 about 6 months ago (wife didn't want car seats in jump seats) and just picked up an '86 FJ60. It's all stock and runs great with 186k. Got it for $1000! I live out by Joe Albi as well, moving soon, but planning to stay on the North Side. Would like to find a good FJ mechanic in town as well. I've used Northgate Auto Imports with my last FJ and they seemed pretty fair on price and the quality of work was good, but I'd like to find someone who knows specifics of 2F rebuilding/tuning. Anyway, hope to get to know some of you and see you around!

~Brandon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom