Welcome New Members (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Howdy! Newly moved from TX (DFW area) to Knoxville/Farragut. Own a '93 80 series for the past 8 or so years. Stock with the exception of 32" ATs and I removed the fender flares. Right now it is is our daily, but will be replaced with a truck and will be retired to rebuild, then fun overlanding type journeys up and down the range.

When things settle down post-move, may start coming to the Knoxville meets to meet everyone.

Thanks

Sean

Welcome Sean! We meet the first Tues. of each month at Sweet P's downtown. Look forward to meeting you.

Welcome Sean, Like Andy said we meet the first Tuesday of every month. Look forward to meeting you and seeing the 80.

Hey Sean! I am also in Farragut. If you see some guy in a dark green LX450 staring, flashing lights or maybe even waving...that's me.

Mine is the beige 93 with no flares rolling on 32s. If I get my way, will have a new rebuild, be sporting bed lining (sand color) and rolling on 35s in the near future. Since you are also in Farragut, trust any good Toyota mechanics around here?

Thanks
Hey Sean! I am also in Farragut. If you see some guy in a dark green LX450 staring, flashing lights or maybe even waving...that's me.

Mine is the beige 93 with no flares rolling on 32s. If I get my way, will have a new rebuild, be sporting bed lining (sand color) and rolling on 35s in the near future. Since you are also in Farragut, trust any good Toyota mechanics around here?

Thanks

There are surely some good mechanics, but I don't know of any specializing in Land Cruisers, etc. I've been fortunate enough to do everything on mine myself. There is a wealth of folks here in Knoxville that can either help out or point you in the right direction, though.

I'd like to get my way with some 35s also...

I know a guy on Clinton Highway but turn around time is questionable. Send me a PM for contact info.

I've been lurking on MUD for a long time and figured I would finally start posting. Living in the Rocky Hill area and have a 96 Moonglow 80 and just bought an 03 100 and had it shipped here from Colorado. The 80 has a 2.5" medium lift, 285s, and an ARB non-winch bumper. The 100 has an OME medium lift and Metal Tech sliders. I'll try and find a picture of the 80, but here's the 100. It's my family hauler for our three boys under age 5.

Hoping to make it out to a meeting some time soon!

IMG_7089.jpg

Welcome MGBYLR, next meeting is July 5th at Sweet Pea's on Jackson. Come on out and meet some of us and say Hi. That's a good looking Hundy

I've been lurking on MUD for a long time and figured I would finally start posting. Living in the Rocky Hill area and have a 96 Moonglow 80 and just bought an 03 100 and had it shipped here from Colorado. The 80 has a 2.5" medium lift, 285s, and an ARB non-winch bumper. The 100 has an OME medium lift and Metal Tech sliders. I'll try and find a picture of the 80, but here's the 100. It's my family hauler for our three boys under age 5.

Hoping to make it out to a meeting some time soon!

View attachment 1276447

Welcome @MGBYLR

Howdy. I have been lurking on IH8MUD for a while and finally registered. New to the TLC, I recently (about a month ago) procured a 97 Land Cruiser, triple locked, in desert dune and moonglow pearl. It is currently in the garage being baselined including all hoses, fluids, belts, filters changed. Currently has about 152k on the clock. Also removed the stock roof rack and wind deflector. I am having the holes welded up. And doing all the normal stuff. Hope to make it to a meeting soon. I am in Farragut. Gerald

FZJ80.jpg

Welcome Hammertyme! That's a good looking 97. I'm in Farragut also. Look for the dark green Lexus LX450 - that's me...

Hey everybody,

Pretty new to the forum and gradually dipping my toes, then foot, then ankle (you get the idea) into the LC waters.

Kinda two separate entrances if you will:

1)My dad bought a 78 FJ40 almost 10 years ago( will try an post pics soon). Needed a new fuel tank liner and carburetor to even start and drive (it does now), which has taken him and my more mechanically inclined brother years of here and there tinkering since they're not hardcore hobbyists and they get absolutely zero help from me :oops:.

Wondering if anyone has suggestions/recommendations on anyone local to me (Knoxville area) that can be hired to "speed the process up" and get the truck enjoyable to drive. Not necessarily looking for perfection just safe and fun, mainly to drive on weekends. If anyone has a proverbial crystal ball for how much that can cost (I know impossible without looking it over) that'd be a bonus.

2) I myself have recently become fairly obsessed with getting a 100 series for myself as a DD. Not looking to do a ton of off-roading (at this point). Looking for a well cared for 03-07 with ~150k miles. Appreciate any tips you all may have.

Thanks! This place seems like a trove of awesome info if you know where to look.

Welcome CruisaC. I've got a 78 Fj40 also and like you stated, its hard to get an idea of what is needed without seeing the truck. Mine runs well but needs a little TLC. I need the knuckles rebuilt and all new spring bushings. There will be a meeting coming this Tuesday the 6th at Sweet Peas on Jackson Ave. I can't make it but hopefully you can make it out and talk to some of the club members.

Hi Guys,

Doing my first post on this board. Moved to Morristown about 3 years ago and I'm looking to meet up with other LC lovers in this area. I own an 87 FJ60 that I purchased after deciding to never own a computer controled vehicle again. I had an 07 Tundra and had an issue with squirrels chewing on my wiring harness. After a $6k insurance claim latter and a really expensive anchor sitting in my sitting driveway for a week, I decided to sell the tundra and started looking for my dream truck. I had previously owned a FJ62 for about 5 years and loved off roadjng with it. My love for LC's started then and I decided to look for another FJ. I found a FJ 60 that had the entire drivetrain rebuilt buy a jet propulsion engineer in Columbus, OH. Only down side was the frame and body was a bit eaten up with rust. I drove 6 hours to go test drive and fell in love with it. Bought it at night and drove it back. It's been my daily driver for the past 4 years. I'd like to get it off road a bit more. Love to come out and meet the group.

Here what I have. OME HD springs, Custom Front Bumper, Winch, Desmogged, Dissy Recurved by Jim C, Carb Rebuilt by Jim C, FJ62 4:11 Diffs, 33" AT BFG's. 6 in 1 Header, 2.5" Flowmaster Exhaust, Lots of Charcter

Welcome, JJ!!

Thanks IronClad..I actually had Vic pull me over today and had over a Club card and invited my to hang. I come out to the next meeting for aure if Im in town. Love to meet everyone and creat new friendships.

Cheers,
Justin

Hi Guys,

Doing my first post on this board. Moved to Morristown about 3 years ago and I'm looking to meet up with other LC lovers in this area. I own an 87 FJ60 that I purchased after deciding to never own a computer controled vehicle again. I had an 07 Tundra and had an issue with squirrels chewing on my wiring harness. After a $6k insurance claim latter and a really expensive anchor sitting in my sitting driveway for a week, I decided to sell the tundra and started looking for my dream truck. I had previously owned a FJ62 for about 5 years and loved off roadjng with it. My love for LC's started then and I decided to look for another FJ. I found a FJ 60 that had the entire drivetrain rebuilt buy a jet propulsion engineer in Columbus, OH. Only down side was the frame and body was a bit eaten up with rust. I drove 6 hours to go test drive and fell in love with it. Bought it at night and drove it back. It's been my daily driver for the past 4 years. I'd like to get it off road a bit more. Love to come out and meet the group.

Here what I have. OME HD springs, Custom Front Bumper, Winch, Desmogged, Dissy Recurved by Jim C, Carb Rebuilt by Jim C, FJ62 4:11 Diffs, 33" AT BFG's. 6 in 1 Header, 2.5" Flowmaster Exhaust, Lots of Charcter

Good to meet ya today!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom