Welcome New Members (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

bluehawk

Appalachia Cruisers
Threads
Hello guys, this is the official new members welcome:flipoff2:. Just kidding, if you are new to the Appalachia Cruisers clubhouse and would like to become a member, post up here. Check out the thread, Club Meetings section and see when our next meeting is. Then come on out and meet the guys. Our club is one of the best four-wheel clubs that I have come to know. Also, while you are on this thread, post up how you found out about our clubhouse and what type of Cruiser/Toyota you have. Once your post count gets up (10 posts), you can post pictures of your truck. If you have any questions, post in the thread that fits your truck(40,60, or 80). If you dont have one of these, post in any one that you want to. Our President is Rance Sharp and he is the man, his mud handle is RSHARPfzj80. Send him a PM if you want. To do a PM, you will have to start a conversation with him. It is private, unless you add other members. WELCOME

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are a new member, post here first. Then start posting to any area you would like. Also if you want to, add what area you live in. We try to change up our meetings and locations to accomadate for everyone.

I apologize to our President, his handle on here is RSHARPfzj80. Sorry buddy. Looks like you corrected it already. Its late and I need some coffee.

What's up, my name is Stephen and I would like to officially introduce myself to this community. I live in Knoxville and have been fourwheelin ever since i got mt learners permit lol, in various rigs, (95 4runner, 96 xj, 89 toyota pu, 94 toyota pu, and even a 94 Subaru impreza) good times. But I've recently sold all to purchase a cement grey 2014 FJ Cruiser. Something I've dreamed about ever since seeing the first add in Peterson 4x4 back in 2006. I love fishing, camping, and youtube. Expedition Overland is awesome. Anyways its been hard to find a good (consistent and inviting) land cruiser group in knoxville. I stumbled upon AC while reading through the east tn fj cruisers page on fj cruiser forums and I want to thank you all for being so inviting. My mods list is coming along but still have a loong way to go. As it sits I have Nitto terra grappler 285/75 r17 (34/11.50/17), Bilstein 5100 2.5" front lift and toytec superflex 2" rear springs with bilstein 5100 shocks, aggressive BMC, scuba mod, Demello rock rails, and plasti dipped white grill.

Hey there everyone. I posted in another thread looking for when your club meets and thought I would throw together a quick intro. I'm Kyle and I live in West Knoxville by Bearden Middle School. I'm originally from Portland Oregon and we should probably get this out of the way now. I am a Vol fan by marriage however I went to Oregon so I'm a huge Duck fan. So sorry about the two beatings we threw ya.

I had a buddy in high school that had a 40 and I was instantly hooked on them. I've always wanted one but it was never practical. I recently decided it's never going to be practical so I bought a 76 Sky Blue FJ40 with the original 2F in Des Moines Iowa and drove it back to Knoxville on a solo mission. All in all it was an awesome trip with absolutely no mechanical issues. I do have an interesting East St Louis story though that Scared me and I ain't afraid of nothin (Let's just say I was on the wrong side of the tracks). I haven't done much to it yet. I've been cleaning it non stop since I got it because it had about 20 years worth of dirt and grime built up in places, and I did reupholster the front seats and have the jump seat covers on order from Specter.

The truck is awesome and I love driving it. It was owned by a retired mechanic so it's pretty sound mechanically but it does have some rust that needs to be taken care of. I don't know much about cars but I'm having an awesome time learning, which is what got me to search out your group. My buddy in Oregon is a Mud Member and he told me I need to find a group of guys out here and pointed me in your direction.

I've never really been wheeling but I would love to get into it on the lighter side at first. We have two boys that keep us pretty busy at the ball field and with all their other activities. To be honest I have no real plans for the 40 yet. I don't plan to restore her to like new condition. No frame offs in the works or plans. The only real plan is to replace/repair the rear sill and quarters. Put a semi decent cheaper paint job on her for now and have fun. The mods and everything else is where you all come in :). I'm looking for ideas and I'm excited to meet you all hopefully soon.

Greetings Stephen and Kyle. Hope you guys can make it to the pig roast that is coming up in about a week and a half. This would be a great opportunity to meet the other club members and have a good time. Keep posting around on here and when your post count gets high enough (10 posts), put some pictures of your trucks in the members rigs section.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys I am planning on making it out for sure. I actually think I may have an open schedule without kids soccer and football too.

Hey guys I am planning on making it out for sure. I actually think I may have an open schedule without kids soccer and football too.
Sweet! Are you going to drive the 40?

TLCA #13178 Appalachia Cruisers, STLCA

A couple pics for those that asked since I can post now.......
A before and after of the original seats after reupholstering with the Specter Off-road kit.

Kyle
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Here's one of the kiddos. I'll bring the older one to the Pig Roast.

The youngest (my 3 year old) acting tough after a soccer game. He's too WILD to bring out the first time I meet you guys :)

image.jpg
image.jpg

I wish I could make it to the roast but me and a buddy of mine are hosting a race at i40 drag strip on Oct 11th for cancer. All proceeds are going to ACS and we already have a lot of sponsors coming out bringing cars. Gates open at 12 and I'm not sure when I will get to leave for the night.

I wish I could make it to the roast but me and a buddy of mine are hosting a race at i40 drag strip on Oct 11th for cancer. All proceeds are going to ACS and we already have a lot of sponsors coming out bringing cars. Gates open at 12 and I'm not sure when I will get to leave for the night.

We are gonna eat around 5 and then be outside all night by the fire having a good time. I'm sure we will be up late. Just give us a call when you are done to see if any of us are still up.

20141009_172509.jpg
20140915_163307.jpg
20141009_180357.jpeg

Here's a few pics of my FJC and a few of the mods I've done so far. Lots of good to come, right now working on making the rear "superflexxy on the cheap" using pro comp fzj80 series long travel shocks, ext brake lines, and the superflex springs I have. Should be able to achieve 2.5-3" of extra travel for about $140

Mods to date-
•Bilstein 5100 front coilovers stock springs (1/4" top plates on order)
•Toytec superflex rear springs and bilstein •5100 shocks
•34/11.50/17 Nitto Terra Grapplers
•All-Pro 1.5" wheel spacers (front only)
•Redneckified square tubing spare tire mount spacers (fugly temperary solution)
•Demello tube sliders
•Reciever shackle
Diff breather mod
Body Mount chop

Welp, following rules. Don't hate me for not having a cruiser! I just joined MUD last nights, and Jason from tn posted up telling me to check you guys out, so now I'm here. I have a 99 4runner Limited that's my DD/weekend wheeler. Born and raised in Knoxville TN too

Hey, y'all. Now that I've started posting in here, I guess maybe I ought to introduce myself. My name's Aaron and I'm from Oneida. I've been on Mud for several years, but never got involved with the local clubs because I didn't have much confidence in the reliability and prowess of my 60. I bought that one in 2012 and started tearing it down last winter to put a 5.3/NV4500 in. I lost the shop space I was borrowing from my friend, so that project got put on hiatus and I've been inactive on here until recently. I came across a pair of 60s in Morristown a couple weeks ago and had no intention of buying them, but the running truck was just too much fun to drive and the parts truck was too nice to part out, so I bought them to fix up and drive until I finish building my first 60, and then sell them.

I've always been a Toyota guy; my family has been dealing pretty much exclusively with Fox Toyota since around '86 or '87 when I was two and we traded our Plymouth Duster in for a Tercel wagon. Even when I was little, I thought Land Cruisers were cool -- even more so than my grandfather's '73 CJ-5 -- but they really gained traction with me probably 15+ years ago when Fox had that tan 40 series in their showroom. I've been hooked ever since.

I manage a junkyard (no, we don't have any Land Cruisers ;) ) but have been working on the side to start a hot rod shop. My tool collection has been growing, but my 60 has suffered as a result. I wouldn't mind building Land Cruisers, but we'll see. Right now, I'm hoping to be done with work in about a year and take a trip out west to check out places to move to and hang my shingle. But, like I said, we'll see what the future holds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom