Welcome New Members (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

that is a flashback...they're twice that size now, and the "cajun surprise" 3rd is that size now!! Time flies...

that is a flashback...they're twice that size now, and the "cajun surprise" 3rd is that size now!! Time flies...

You right about that bud it sure does, LOL, Cajun Surprise that's a good one :)

Welcome Josh Frederick driving an 07 FJ. I look forward to meeting you. Cheers!

We have two new members that have joined the madness ;)..Welcome Wilson Boudreaux and Michael Berlin.

X2 welcome gents it was good visiting with you this past weekend :) :cheers:

Welcome Phillip Broussard officially :D :clap::cheers:

B still my heart! welcome Josh`s brother :cheers:

Don't forget to add your rig to the 80 Series Google map! You can see all the 80 series around the world. Add yours!! Need a google log in to add to the map, no google login? PM me and I'll add your rig. Just need your vehicle year any general location.

Click here > 80 Series Land Cruisers of the World!!

Don't forget to add your rig to the 80 Series Google map! You can see all the 80 series around the world. Add yours!! Need a google log in to add to the map, no google login? PM me and I'll add your rig. Just need your vehicle year any general location.

Click here > 80 Series Land Cruisers of the World!!

Thats real cool, my old 80 is now in Dallas now :(

One of your old pictures popped up in google image search, when I searched for something the other day. Toyota Land Cruiser

Nice I bet there are a few out there :D how is yours running since you did all the work? Purring like a kitten?

Nice I bet there are a few out there :D how is yours running since you did all the work? Purring like a kitten?
just a little problem with idling, it idles low and rough some times and then purrs like a kitten the rest. It doesn't like the heat though, I've been fighting it getting hot when I'm stopped in traffic or on the trail.

just a little problem with idling, it idles low and rough some times and then purrs like a kitten the rest. It doesn't like the heat though, I've been fighting it getting hot when I'm stopped in traffic or on the trail.

Not sure on the idling may have to dig into that more. As for the running hot look for an electric fan off a Sequoia. Our Sequoia had the towing package with the electric fan and it never had an issue running warm. The fan put out well for a small package. The Sequoia had a smaller radiator than the 80 but the electric fan kept it happy. If I remember right you had to replace your radiator didn't you?

Not sure on the idling may have to dig into that more. As for the running hot look for an electric fan off a Sequoia. Our Sequoia had the towing package with the electric fan and it never had an issue running warm. The fan put out well for a small package. The Sequoia had a smaller radiator than the 80 but the electric fan kept it happy. If I remember right you had to replace your radiator didn't you?

I had to replace the radiator when I wrecked it, I put in an aftermarket not OEM. Before the headgasket blew I had changed the fan clutch fluid and upgraded it to the thicker stuff. I thought that maybe after the headgasket replacement it would be better, but it still wasn't, so I've now replaced the mechanical fan with a couple of electric ones. I put 1 on the outside(pushing) of the condenser and 1 on the inside(pulling) of the radiator, but that hasn't helped either, so I'm going to try moving the outside 1 to the inside with the other. If that doesn't work, I'm going to replace the radiator with an OEM 1.

RIP Isaac, he was a great guy in the time I knew him and a very interesting character I always enjoyed his stories and company :cheers: I will probably regret not taking him up on that Costa Rica trip the rest of my life and if I ever make it there I'll certainly think of him. For those that never met him he was a real Land Cruiser enthusiast and a worldly traveler. He shared some of his stories and travels here in this thread The Traveling Thread

DSC00022.jpg

IMG_6767.jpg

Last edited:
Good morning all from the New Orleans area. I've been stalking the forums for about 6 months Harvesting parts, soaking up knowledge, and enjoying the pics. The wife and I recently purchased a FJ40 as a project. I am slowly bring it back to its once glory. It needed to shed its multi decade facade.
Let me know when when you Land Cruiser veterans are getting together I would love to continue my education. Just sent the BSLCA & TLCA fees.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom