WARN winch serial numbers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
ok, so im new to the world of WARN winches...i've had mine for years but it has been unused and collecting dust. i've been ALL over the WARN site trying to gain info on my winch and it's age and am completely unable to do so!!

can some please decipher this serial number and give me some more info on mine. the only 8274 avial now are the 8274-50's. there is no info on their site about the winches that made WARN so popular and sucessfull!!

any info would be great...age preferably

#'s on my WARN 8274 :
24208 (serial number)
B06 (date code)

i bought a warn,older 8274 and i e mailed them the numbers,and they kingly gave me the build date and sent me all new decals to put on it when i done it up,im in oz and they sent a letter about,info etc,blew me away really, i thought they went out of their way,good onya warn

called Steve at WARN and he told me that mine was from '76 and was one of the "older" winches. amazing amount of info and advice for me. awesome guy, awesome company it seems. he is sending all the decals for me to rebuild and look like new! for free!

mine

here is an ok pic of my 8274
8274.jpg

Awww, she's a beauty:D

They replaced it but the only thing changed was the motor - it's a bit stronger now.

The story I heard was they wanted to discontinue the 8274 in favor of the planetary drive style, so they raised the price and raised the price and raised the price. But people still wanted them. So they re-tooled the assembly area and made more - adding the -50 to the part #.

And they raised the price too. :mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom