Warn VR winches? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have used my M12000 to pull my very heavy fzj80 out of some very tricky situations in venezuela and up a very muddy mountain in Guatemala. The winch is a beast and I would never buy anything but a warn winch. David compra ese VR12000 y se acabo ese vaina!

GF

Just saw that Warn is now offering the VR series with synthetic line. Very tempted to pick one up.

Andy - can you comment on the synthetic rope that comes on the VR winches? Is this something comporable to Amsteel or other brand name rope?

Found this with a Google search:

Screen%252520Shot%2525202011-11-10%252520at%2525206.43.18%252520PM.jpg

Andy - can you comment on the synthetic rope that comes on the VR winches? Is this something comporable to Amsteel or other brand name rope?

Well, everything I was going to post is in that press release I wrote.

I really can't speak to other manufacturer's rope. I can tell you our Spydura rope will work on any WARN winch with a 10,000 lb. pulling capacity or less. Everything else should be in the press release.

- Andy

Picked up the VR 10,000-S yesterday. Can't wait to get it installed and try it out.

Do we have any members with VR-series winch installed for sometime now?
How many times have you used and in what kind of condition?
How did it perform through out the time? Are you happy with it?

I was looking for some reports from people who used their winches quiet a bit? I think many other wouldn't mind to read it as well. It pass around a year since VR-series came to the market. How many fail/recall winches were there for this period?

I have 9.5xp on my 4Runner and debating should I go for VR10000 for FJ40 or look for 9.5ti for it... My 9.5xp has seen limited use, but was perfect for the past 4 years.

Be aware that you can get water leakage on the spool release lever on the 9.5ti. Mine was all rusted inside the planetary gear area. Warn provided a replacement lever with a special washer that sealed the lever shaft.

Basically, I need a winch that pulls hard, and is suitable for a LOT of use. I've got an 06 Tacoma soon to have full armor so I'm looking at a 10000lb winch. Warm is the only option. My winch will see a LOT of pulling, through thick mud, up long steep hills, through deep snow, snatch block will probably be used a fair bit. It sas the VR is an "entry level" winch. I need a winch that will be ok with long hard pulls. Any insight on this Andy?

Basically, I need a winch that pulls hard, and is suitable for a LOT of use. I've got an 06 Tacoma soon to have full armor so I'm looking at a 10000lb winch. Warm is the only option. My winch will see a LOT of pulling, through thick mud, up long steep hills, through deep snow, snatch block will probably be used a fair bit. It sas the VR is an "entry level" winch. I need a winch that will be ok with long hard pulls. Any insight on this Andy?

Personally, if it were my rig, I'd get the 9.5xp or 9.5xp-s (with Spydura synthetic rope). If you want the ultimate in duty cycle, however, you could step up to the Endurance 12.0, too (12,000 lb. pulling capacity). It will be more expensive than the 9.5xp.

The VR is a great entry level winch. There are better choices for hardcore, regular winching, though. Like I said, the 9.5xp would probably be a great choice for you.

We just installed a VR10000-S on Dad's FJ-60. Seems strong enough, but compared to the 8074 and the Dodges PTO winches, it is SLOW.

So far have done no more than to wind the winch line twice, but it should work well enough to get Dad unstuck if he ever needs it (he's never needed it before).

winch 2.jpg

winch 1.jpg

Dan
winch 1.jpg
winch 2.jpg

Does the VR10000s bolt right into the FJ62's ARB or was there any fabricating necessary? I'm planning on picking this winch up in the near future and would love to have it fall right into place. Thanks

Does the VR10000s bolt right into the FJ62's ARB or was there any fabricating necessary? I'm planning on picking this winch up in the near future and would love to have it fall right into place. Thanks

I had to trim the hawse fairlead just a touch to get it to fit into the recess on the bumper, but that's it. There's LOTS of room to fit it in there. Mounting it is a :banana: job. Finding someone to help lift it into place is a harder job than actually mounting the winch. Also, I had to get longer bolts for the fairlead/bottom of the winch than were included with the winch.

Dan

Yeah, I had the same problem with fairlead lower bolts, the ones supplied do not make it through the ARB and fairlead. Easy enough to find at Hardware store, went with 2 inch and worked fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom