Warn M12000 wiring question.. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

mmw68

CruiserCrap.com - pimping crap for your cruiser!
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
store.cruisercrap.com
Iam finally getting around to installing that Warn M12000 I purchased from a fellow ih8mud member at the beginning of the summer.

I did a search, and have talked to Warn today..but I still have two questions.

The "motor ground" Item #30 in the diagram - this attaches to the bolt on the oposite side of the warn winch that has the F1, F2, and A Terminals? I'am 99% sure, but wanted some input.

Also I have a 6 ft black 2 guage cable with rings on both ends. Iam assuming this is a extra ground cable, but where do I use it? Maybe from the Truck frame or engin block to the warn winch? Maybe to the same bolt as #30?

I've emailed Warn, but I want to finish this up tonight, and Iam sure they won't get back to me until the next day. :D

Thanks!! - Mark
Wiring-Large-Frame-5-Wire.jpg

#30 attaches to the 'bottom' of the motor 13mm head bolt, 8x1.25 thread....along with that 'extra' black cable(which is not 'extra')...and that gound cable should be attached directly to your battery, just like the positive.

Good luck!

-Steve

mmw68 said:
The "motor ground" Item #30 in the diagram - this attaches to the bolt on the oposite side of the warn winch that has the F1, F2, and A Terminals? I'am 99% sure, but wanted some input.

Also I have a 6 ft black 2 guage cable with rings on both ends. Iam assuming this is a extra ground cable, but where do I use it? Maybe from the Truck frame or engin block to the warn winch? Maybe to the same bolt as #30?

Thanks!! - Mark

I hope your experience with Warn was like mine, they sent me full wiring diagrams, called me back, and sent some gratis parts all to get an 8274 back on the road that I bought used. Great customer service.

To answer your question: you're on the right track. The small ground wire can ground anwhere on the motor, but they do provide a lug, and it is on the back side as I recall.

The long black wire is to run from the same motor ground lug directly back to the negative terminal on your battery. The winch does not ground through the frame-you will need to go direct to the battery.

edit-Poser beat me to the punch. Good luck.

Just wanted to drop a note of thanks for this post. I took off the control box to my M12000 and just now got around to putting it back on, a year later. Couldn't remember where the wires went, but thanks to you guys, problem solved. I just wish I had smaller and more flexible arms, would have made attaching the negative lead and the motor ground a lot easier. At any rate, just wanted to say thanks to those that answered the questions in the OP.

jon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom