Warn 8274 Winch and Bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What is something like this worth? Thanks.

IMG_2649_zpspdqksvhr.jpg

IMG_2648_zps4qy2g89x.jpg

IMG_2664_zpst2rz462z.jpg

IMG_2647_zpsftjkskoq.jpg

Put in the classifieds at $800 and see what happens. You can always come down if there are no takers.

Why are you getting rid of it?

Put in the classifieds at $800 and see what happens. You can always come down if there are no takers.

Why are you getting rid of it?

Based on an earlier post and the picture, he is going back to a stock bumper and doesn't wheel the truck, so no need for a winch.

Honestly $700-$800 seems fair to me if the brake is good on the winch.

I bought my previous 8274 for $300. If yours is in good shape, I'd say $500. If you sell the bumper separately, ask an extra $100 for the pair ($600).

I think it is worth7-8 if the winch works and has a remote. I paid 650 for a winch that looked worse than yours. The problem is they are heavy and expensive to ship, so you may be limited to buyers more local. I looked for about six months until I found one about an hour away.

I bought my 8274 without rope and in need of rebuild for $250. Your's looks better than that so I'd say the $500 number is in the ballpark. Some might think $1500 based on the high price of new ones but that hasn't been my experience when looking.
Not sure what a bumper is worth.

Thanks all. Yes, I do not wheel. Have never used the winch in four years. I will power it up and make sure it works properly. I expect it to be fine, as the whole 40 has been fine. Don't expect to retire from the sale of winch and bumper, but want a fair price so I can purchase some other items. The holes drilled in the bumper for mounting align perfect with stock holes. I have the control cable that plugs into the winch. I'm in VA, so someone interested that is in VA or vicinity is a no shipping deal.

New ones are around $2k, any buyer that balks at $500 needs to be kicked to the curb. Anything between $500 and $800 would be a good deal for both parties.

I like the old Confer winch bumpers, they looks close to OEM but take the 8274.

New ones are around $2k, any buyer that balks at $500 needs to be kicked to the curb. Anything between $500 and $800 would be a good deal for both parties.

Yeah I agree with this...I think because the 8274 has been around for so damn long that people think back on that one time they 'bought one that was good to go for $250', 20yrs ago. Myself included...I'm struggling swallowing buying one ten years after I sold my last!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom