*WANTED* Pre 1965 Silver Coins (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LandCruiserPhil

Peter Pan Syndrome
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Looking for any US pre 1965 silver coins.
Willing to pay 10X face value for any condition
Will take 1 or more

IMG_1857.JPG

I think some of the early 1900 nickels may be worth a bit more than 5 times face value.

Hoarder, takes one to know one :flipoff2::flipoff2::grinpimp:

Did your "in-wall" stashes dry up???

Phil, are you one of the Hunt brothers reincarnated trying to corner the silver market? :eek: I have one of the exact coin and year in your first pic and keeping it as it was from my grandfather. :cool: I also have a 1935 Silver Certificate $1 bill. Condition isn't great, so it's not worth much.

Come to think of it, there may be several silver certificates with the coins.

Been reading about this stuff for a day now. Some old silver dollars, i like the Peace dollar or even Morgan, seem pretty cool.

I have some 1880's Morgan dollars. Trying to determine if I should sell some. None are certified, so maybe only worth $35 or so each.

I have one of the exact coin and year in your first pic and keeping it as it was from my grandfather.

I would have to check which years I have but I too have few mint proof sets from around this era from my grandfather. Difference is was given them as birthday presents the year the coins were made. :hmm: Think I just may be a little older.:rolleyes: Had six sets at one time until one of my sisters stole three of them. Guess she was jealous I was getting them. Know it was her because she threw the cases they came in the trash. I believe when this happen the value was around $15 for a mint proof set. She got 91 cents per set to save her time of finding a coin dealer. Think maybe she felt guilty later in life. Her second husband had a 61 FJ40 he planned on restoring. Later he sold it off as a unfinished project. One day when I got home from work there was a package with a LAND CRUISER stamped bezel inside.

Unfortunately, my '64 is not mint. Quite used. Only sealed mint set I have is from 1969 San Francisco. Must have visited that location or something as a kid.

My interest is in junk silver only

All your silver coin collections do not have a set value (except Junk silver value) and if you need to liquidate it is up to the buyer/seller to determine a price. Junk silver has a liquid value based on spot silver rates.

I get a much better response off CL but I started feeling bad because its your kids stealing your silver collection and selling them to me for junk silver rates.

I have a friend that has coin operated video games in the state and gets many pounds of silver coins every year from your kids.

He is not seeing any of my silver coins. Those have always been kept in the safe since my kids were very young. Mint proof sets will be passed on some day. Other coins who knows. Maybe they will go the same time the family silver goes which I'm in line to inherit. At that point I'll keep a eye on junk silver prices just like when I was younger working HVAC in the private sector and sold scrap copper when the prices were high.

is silver the new gold ?

My guess is Phil + Mexico + junk silver scrap = Philippe the dentist or Philippe the gringo border jeweler.:grinpimp:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom