1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walther Kampfpistole Z

Discussion in 'Hunting & Fishing' started by Landpimp, Nov 8, 2007.

1. Landpimp

Landpimp New Member

Walther Kampfpistole Z(combat pistol).........27mm. This is actaully a firearm do to the bore, if a smooth bore it would be a flare gun and non firearm. I couldnt pass it up :D

Not your normal flare gun.......its rifled to fire......HE anti tank rounds(I kid you not)

Best I can tell its 1928-1945 vintage, prolly mid 30's. Its all steel, not alum or zink.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

found some info with pics of the projectiles
    http://www.ww2incolor.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5233
    http://www.inert-ord.net/ger03a/wkorp/index.html
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2007
  2. cruiserdan

cruiserdan SupportingVendor Emeritus Moderator Supporting Vendor

Gotta be later than '32. I see an "eagle" proofmark.
  3. Landpimp

Landpimp New Member

its just the Walther proof, no Nazi proof

Eagle with upside down heart under it

4. honk

honk New Member

Tsk, for an accused nazi to not call a waffenapt a waffenapt is reason for suspicion, ya?. :D
  5. cruiserdan

;p

Just because he wanted to turn the German troops and point them east.........:doh:
  6. inthewall

inthewall New Member

I bet it has a little kick. Find any rounds with it?
  7. kellyo

kellyo New Member

That thing would hurt without a shoulder brace. Would be fun on a water melon or jug of water.
  8. Landpimp

Landpimp New Member

any HE rounds would I am pretty sure be illegal.......but it will fire flares and I have some(26.5mm)

I have fired my HK 26.5 flare gun and yes it kicks like a SOB.....I was not expecting it the 1st time......;)

9. JJS

JJS New Member

That's pretty interesting. Nice find.
  10. e9999

e9999 You want to do what...? Moderator

a shaped charge apparently

range probably like 5 ft or so...? :eek::eek:
  11. BrunoH

BrunoH New Member

Hi,

Well I will try to answer your question, your flare gun is what you have written: It's what was called the 'KampfPistole Model Z'.

It was quite the same as the other german flare guns during the WWII except this one is 'rifled'.

It explains that classic flare gun cartridges can't be introduced in the barrel.

The cartridges for this pistol are rifled too and could have several goals: sending messages, flare cartridge too (which is the initial objective), and grenade or explosive charge aso.

I hope that message can help you.

Don't hesitate to send me a mail.

Best regards

Bruno

12. Landpimp

Landpimp New Member

OK, I have someone in the states that has tracked me down wanted to buy this crazy old Walther, not sure I want to sell it or not, but the fellow is a well know military collector.

I have no clue what this is worth, but its sounding like over 1K maybe 2K

here is his email

"Hello, I am a new member of this forum, I belong to a good number of others, including German Daggers, and Military Collectors Forum. I actually found this forum by doing a google search for Kampfpistoles.

I have been a collector of Flare Pistols for over 40 years, and would be very interested in purchasing this pistol for whatever fair value you come up with.

With over 800 variations in my collection it is not often a new variation turns up that interests me.

I hope we can strike a deal.

Good Collecting, signalman

another

Hello John, I have not run across one of these in steel before, and I would definately want to purchase this one for my collection. Since I have never run across one before, I have no idea what one would sell for.

A Kampfpistole Aluminum in similar condition would be worth ~ $800, and in Excellent condition ~ $1200. If you check around you should see I am correct on these values. You can use those figures to come up with a price on your pistol.

Since I wish to purchase it, and have no knowledge of any sales of this variation, I have no right to price it, only you know what will make you happy. Hopefully you can price it so I can add it to my collection.

I have a C&R License, so I can purchase from anyone.

Good Collecting, Signalman"

so its pretty freaking rare if this guy has never seen one......I come across some crazy stuff I guess ;)
  13. cruiserdan

Have you tried a search on gunbroker or guns america?

Maybe he has something cool to trade for it?
  14. nat

nat New Member

Dang................I have something just like that but with a longer barrel. I always thought it was a German WW2 flare gun somebody sleeved for a .410 or something.
  15. informationjunky

informationjunky New Member

I use to work at a gun shop in Huntsville, AL Larry's Pistol and Pawn . The owner, Larry is a collector of flare pistols. Its been a long time since I talked to him, but he may be able to offer and opinion on values (he will be on the low side, as I'm sure the "horse trader" in you will recognize).
  16. Liam

Liam  

pretty interesting gun. It sounds like it is wicked rare being made of steel.

so what the hell did you pay for it???? lol
  17. Landpimp

Landpimp New Member

$50 :D it was in the bottom of a box of evidence junk guns

18. Landpimp

Landpimp New Member

havnt looked since I picked it up....but like the collector, I have never seen mention of an all steel version(and I searched for any and all info when I got it)......and yes the magnet sticks to every part but the grips.

I told him I would take some better pics and we will go from there, I asked about any HK or S&W for trade, he is pretty much just a dager and flare gun guy. My feeling is I will sell it to him, it belongs in a true collection(and I dont collect that kinda stuff) As much of a hoarder I am.....there are somethings that really belong with someone else.

Dan or someone may know the collector, Howard Resnick

Nat, post up a pic of what you got

19. Michael Hanson

Michael Hanson New Member

Sell, spend the money on cruiser prts. Mike
  20. informationjunky

informationjunky New Member

Don't know him, seems to do alot of trading on AuctionArms.com - Online Gun Auction and http://www.militariacollecting.com/