VIN Firewall Plates...New (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey guys. Mike here. I owe two of you an appology for not being a good comunicator on this. Yes I have two different guys that ordered these laser etched plates a long time ago that I did not have on hand right away. Im definately not trying to scam anyone. The order went in to the company that does these for us months back and just simply has not made it easy to get my tiny order completed with them. In the past I ordered a decent handful of these plates which ment more cash flow for them and they had no problem getting them done in a reasonable amount of time. Over the last year or so I have been requesting them to make only one or two at a time. They still agree to do them but when they can get to it. This is the longest yet they have taken to get something done for me. I have been in 4 times this month including this morning and the peson I am working with there has not been around and the other workers say I need to speak to her.

Not to make an excuse but please understand that the things I have made for cruisers is not a business for me. It is a hobby like the rest of us. I have a fulltime demanding business (not cruiser related) that pulls at me 24/7. I wish I could say that with all that has gone into producing these plates makes it worth while and profitable for me but I cant. I have some othe cruiser projects that might make me some money some day after I get past the expenses of producing and I do have those other items readily available. But these plates have proven to be a pain. I try to never say no because I know that when they are needed ....they are NEEDED.

For you two guys that have been waiting...I have no problem sending your paypal back to you if that is what you would like. As I said before, Im not a scammer. I completely understand and am very very sorry for your wait. As well as how sorry I am for being hard to get a hold of. After stopping in this morning I set up to drop back in this afternoon to meet wtih them and hopefully get those things completed.

Arrived today, and it looks great. Mike may now have some on hand, as the company who was making them for him finally got around to fulfilling his order.

Now just need to send it off to datatags.com to have it engraved.

:cheers:

Steve

I have purchased two data plates and a early emblem from Mike. He was a good guy to deal with I'm sure that he will come through for you guys.

Right side fender below the battery should have a VIN plate from around 65 until the 78 model when it moved back to the firewall in the US market.

TNX for the heads up. my tub didn't come with fenders so that is why I cant find it. Wondering if you could be more exact where it goes on the fender. TNX

VIN Tags

Does Mike still have any of these available? I need one for a '73 FJ40 inside door seal.

Yes, I still have some available.

Here is a link to to facebook page that has the other cool early cruiser reproduction parts. I just posted this a few days ago. Be sure to "like" the page to recieve updates on clearances and discounts.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/SpeerLabToyota

Inspired by others whom are Giving Gifts this season I have decided to do the same. In honor of the season of the gift giving, Speer Lab is going to be giving back to the Cruiser Community (2) early cruiser emblems,(2) sets of fj40 Door Saftey Straps, and (1) set of 5 early hubcaps. To enter the drawing simply "Like" Toyota Relics by Speer Lab, and post up your favorite color emblem or your year of Cruiser in the hubcap, and Door Strap posts. Thanks for all of your support on these projects. Drawing winners will be posted December 24th. Merry CHRISTmas!

Last edited:
To the a****** that stole my two 67 FJ40's in Lubbock, Tx. I still have the titles. I regularly check the vin numbers through the state. Register one. I promise i'll be there right away.

sent you a pm about your 40s

Has anybody heard from Mike, lately. Seems he has gone missing again. Hurry up and pay, but no vin. tags for two months.

Mike, where are you. I'd like to have the plates or my money and the old plates back, up to you. Maybe just answer the PM's.

This is not good business habits.

Ive been around the restoration hobby for about 30 years now. I do like what you have done. But all do some serious research in your local DMV enforcement laws to ensure if it is legal to actually fill out and mount one on your vehicle. Literally, one can not duplicate, modify, or alter a VIN tag that is mounted on a vehicle in anyway\\I have dealt with DMV enforcement officers regarding restored vehicles with repod vin tags, and they can really be super super anal, and for good reason I guess

There is a valid market for repop vin tags for honest people.: Many tags get wasted, rusted, lost destroyed over the years. But the law doesnt see restoration in the same light as we might : Bad guys out there have duplicated vin tags to break the law, and thats what the concern is

Also, on vehicles that have paint and engine codes and what the options the car came with from the factory that is identified by codes in the VIN, its easy for someone to make a clone of a specific car, as if it came that way originally.

I can appreciate the need for a repop vin tag for an honest restorer, but be very careful of what laws you need to follow before you actually mount one

It is the same here in Australia with the removal and replacement of VIN Tags. You simply can not do it as it is illegal. But they do look good.

What is the availability of the plates?

Which one are you looking for?
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1403112225.038671.jpg

Hi Mike, I bought tags 4 and 5 from you at least a year ago maybe more. My project is soon going to be finished and I still don't know what info should all be on these tags. I think on tag 5 that there is a date right under MFD. BY TOYOTA MOTOR CO.. LTD? And then of course the VIN where that is blank. OK and then on tag 4 I guess I need Frame No., Color/ trim, and Trans./ axle. Right? Is there any ways to find that info out. My truck was another one that had the tags still on when it went to the sandblaster. Their gone. The frame # I believe is on the front right frame rail isn't it? How many numbers should it be for a 1980 Fj40? Anyway, any of this information would be greatly appreciated. Anybody wanting to help a fella out? Thanks, Dave.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom