View pics of the latest progress--TLCA Raffle Truck build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SAS

Seeking higher vistas
Threads
Updated pictures are on the CLCC Clubhouse page.

See post #227, the tub, fenders, and hood are in fresh paint!

passsidefreshpaintOCT12.jpg

Doors and windshield frame go to the paint shop this Friday and/or the next Friday (26th). :popcorn:

Absolutely awesome!! You guys have really made me extra proud of TLCA, and the people that belong to this great group! It has been an honor to watch you guys turn this project in to reality, and I am very thankful for every one of you that has been a part of this process. Further reinforcement that it is the people that make this club!!!

The raffle truck got new leaf spring bushings and (used) Conn-Ferr shackles last weekend. Next weekend, the 2F engine goes back into the frame.

The crew got more done today--the 2F is back between the frame rails! Also, Thornton installed a new rear-main seal and we inspected the pilot bearing, clutch, flywheel, throw-out/release bearing. All is in satisfactory condition. Next up...John Smith's rebuilt transmission and rebuilt transfer-case!

How about some December progress pics!

The weekend after getting the engine re-installed, Emorth (Dr. Ed to us non-electrical types) fashioned a starter circuit so we could turn-over the 2F beast.

100_5004_zps15011a61.jpg

Then John Smith brought the rebuilt tranny and t-case down to the Thornton Farm Garage.

100_5023_zps786fe452.jpg

This past weekend was time to put the body tub back on the frame! Here's the CLCC gang rolling the tub into the garage.

100_5028_zpsd0518688.jpg

We installed all new poly mounts, finger-tight at first; installed the fenders and bib to get the alignment right. The lines look good so we secured the body mounts.

100_5029_zps5cc58977.jpg

If you're wondering, we had some "technical issues" :)o) with getting the bib, aprons and hood to the paint shop-- so these got delayed until after the holidays.

This is how she sits today.

100_5044_zps09205047.jpg

looking awesome. although toyotas are a small part of the ohv crowd, the colorado raffle rig a few years ago raised over $33k. this should be a great raffle opportunity.

justin, do we have anyone that can set up a webpage somewhere where build photos can be updated. also, about a year before, be sure to hit up every magazine even remotely related to 4wd vehicles. our raffle sales tripled after 4wheel and off road mag printed a blurb about it.

Capital Land Cruiser Club (CLCC) took a break over the holidays, but we've been back to task for three weekend days in January. Today we made more progress on the chassis and under the hood.

January parts/components, upgrades, refurbish and rebuild includes: Power steering (oh yeah!), steering column, radiator, mounts, brackets, and hoses, all new brake lines plus stainless-steel hoses, master cylinder, fuel tank installed, fuel hoses and fittings plumbed to include a new filter. Refurbished battery tray and a few more miscellaneous bits.

100_5088_zps3e1db7fc.jpg

100_5084_zps0f7c499c.jpg

It's ALIVE !!!

The raffle truck moved under its own power today!!!:D Eleven CLCC members were present today to pile on the TLCA raffle truck. By the afternoon, we added fluids and bled the hydro systems, and were ready to crank it up. After some fiddling with fuel lines and swapping a fuel pump, the 2F came to life! Jakes40 piloted the maiden voyage back into the garage.

Topherbecker plumbing the fuel filler.
100_5091_zps37c230d9.jpg

ryngbsn lends a hand, or two. Jakes40 looks on.
100_5089_zps37683657.jpg

Thornton uses a caliper to measure something. StaleAle watches the master's technique!
100_5090_zps4b667bde.jpg

Installed a new heater core assembly. Sexy!!!
100_5093_zpsbae18f84.jpg

StaleAle applies jumper cables to give this Optima some extra juice.
100_5095_zpsd119a6db.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah! We're excited. We got lots more done than I listed, of course, so it is coming together. Also, TRFCSUX and SEMPERFJ got the hood, bib, apron, etc. all painted last week so those will get installed soon. Jakes40 installed a lot of the dash switches, and I have to mention Emorth, who rebuilt 99% of the wiring harness.

We're closing on the final lap for this TLCA raffle truck build. Numerous TLCA individual members and Cruiser-related businesses have donated parts and pieces (some multiple times! thanks, guys!!), and a couple of TLCA clubs have donated $ to fund the painting and fluids; we've come a long way, but it's not DONE yet! Please talk to your TLCA Chapter and help CLCC git'er done!

Yeah! We're excited. We got lots more done than I listed, of course, so it is coming together. Also, TRFCSUX and SEMPERFJ got the hood, bib, apron, etc. all painted last week so those will get installed soon. Jakes40 installed a lot of the dash switches, and I have to mention Emorth, who rebuilt 99% of the wiring harness.

We're closing on the final lap for this TLCA raffle truck build. Numerous TLCA individual members and Cruiser-related businesses have donated parts and pieces (some multiple times! thanks, guys!!), and a couple of TLCA clubs have donated $ to fund the painting and fluids; we've come a long way, but it's not DONE yet! Please talk to your TLCA Chapter and help CLCC git'er done!

Yeah I know at Rising Sun we sent some money, and I think I sent a personal check too. I'd get greasy with you guys but I'm 2,000 miles away so sending money is the best I can do. I sure plan to buy a bunch of tickets!

Thanks, Jeff! I know you've championed the project from the start. And you are correct, Rising Sun made a significant contribution--it made that beautiful white Toyota 033 paint possible!

My "plea" in the second paragraph is directed to the many other TLCA Chapter clubs and perhaps independent TLCA members who see the progress and might contribute even a small amount to the effort. Everything counts!

More good progress on the Raffle Truck this weekend.

"Doctor Ed" Morth working out the wiring harness--lots of new wire and refreshed OEM connectors, clean soldered joints, and "bling-bling" those new tail-lights look so good!

Lots of new fasteners, recently abrasive blasted parts (thanks Von Hayek!) and fresh pewter or black paint.

Go to CLCC's Clubhouse forum to see all the recent pictures. TLCA Raffle Truck Build Thread

This FJ40 is getting close, but CLCC needs your club's help!!! We've updated the PARTS NEEDED thread, or you can donate money to fund the parts purchase.

100_5104_zps46b66108.jpg

100_5102_zps1e8c0c07.jpg

100_5105_zpsaaea2a3f.jpg

Last edited:
March progress continues...see page 17 of the TLCA Raffle Truck build thread.

What do you think of the red bezel?
100_5114_zpsfb9367e0.jpg

Well, the bezel is black now! After shocking the work crew, we had to see what it looked like. Suppose I just got carried away with the red paint after laying 5 coats of Rustoleum enamel on the skid plate!

100_5112_zps02e6cd9d.jpg

The hard top is prepped for paint, we're hoping for good weather late this week.

100_5117_zps6b349777.jpg

100_5110_zps8134ffbc.jpg

More pictures coming tomorrow, Sunday 24 March. We made big progress today, with final prep and painting of the Hard Top (thank you again, Big Tow Dan!) and several of the smaller parts...door hinges, hood hinges, kick-vents, wiper motor cover, etc.

Also, big news of donations committed--

by Atlanta Custom Creations (ACC) for a set of powder-coated wagon wheels, apron badges, and numerous other miscellaneous other parts.

and by Tread-Wright Tires for a set of 31x10.5x15 Warden all-terrains!

Thank you, vendors, and thank you to TLCA Chapter clubs and all the Cruiser enthusiasts who've contributed to this project!

:cheers:

CLCC work day progress on the TLCA Raffle Truck, 24 March 13.

Here's how she sits today.
100_5128_zps1cd74b8a.jpg

New weatherstip (thanks, Cool Cruisers of Texas!) installed, ambi-doors installed, hood installed, driver door installed (we are missing a hinge on the PS).

Hard-top installed.

Thornton took it for a drive down his street and ran it through all the gears. It sounds good and he came back with a BIG smile on his face.

More pictures 3/24/13
100_5123_zpsf5ca5ea9.jpg

100_5124_zpsbf7a1e6b.jpg

100_5122_zps028160b9.jpg

Good thing cause I'm gonna win it! Looking good guys!