Vent window seal help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm not having luck getting my vent windows to close now that my seal is in. Wanted to see if anybody had a suggestion on getting these in easier. Also, am I orienting them correctly?

I'm having trouble getting the corners lined up.

Any suggestions? Am I doing anything way wrong?

You're probably doing as well as you can with the weather seals you've got. I just went out to examine mine just for a comparison. I replaced my passenger wing window gasket when OEM gaskets were still available. I replaced the driver's side in 2012 with an aftermarket. The OEM is a perfect fit but, like yours, the aftermarket gasket draws up a bit at the corners. The seal is fine (actually a little tight against the glass) so there is no leak when it's raining; it just doesn't fit as well as the OEM gasket. I'm guessing that's your problem as well.

You're probably doing as well as you can with the weather seals you've got. I just went out to examine mine just for a comparison. I replaced my passenger wing window gasket when OEM gaskets were still available. I replaced the driver's side in 2012 with an aftermarket. The OEM is a perfect fit but, like yours, the aftermarket gasket draws up a bit at the corners. The seal is fine (actually a little tight against the glass) so there is no leak when it's raining; it just doesn't fit as well as the OEM gasket. I'm guessing that's your problem as well.

Thanks for the tip. I got these from Racer65, I had heard good things about them. I'll keep playing with them, and maybe shoot him a PM to see if he has any suggestions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom