Value for 2005 LX w/<59k mi? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have an 05 LX that we purchased back in 2010 w/35k mi for $35k.

It has been a garage queen with minimal use and I'm curious as to what it is worth. Now it has ~59k mi and is in excellent shape.

Not eager to sell and if I do get rid of it I would probably just get a newer model - love these things.

Any idea what mine is currently worth? Only option I don't have is night vision.

I just bought an 06 with 100k for $24k, So with your low miles I'd think 26-28k would be reasonable.

Oh lawd JP is in the 100 forum! :confused:

I would agree with that $ range as well. I'd love to have a 3rd 100 so young in it's life.

Just bought an 06 LC with 97k that is gorgeous for $26. I looked at a dozen trucks and thought I got a deal after looking at some of the trucks here in the Midwest. There wasn't much to chose from and I drove 400 miles to get this one

With that low mileage, I'd venture to guess $28K - $30K.

Seems like there's always been a step from 05 to 06, probably the draw to the vvti and the fresh look.

We picked up our 04 LX with 71k on the clock for $22k (from a dealer) in the fall of 2013 and that's in the west coast market which is typically higher than south or east. Have prices gone up? Glad to see they're holding value.

That would have been 31k and I would have been glad to pay it if I could have found it when I picked up my 04LX with 77k on it.

I've been lookin at LC's and LX's from 98 to 03. I'm amazed at the value these trucks hold. There is a 05 LC up in your neck of the woods with another 20k miles than yours and its in the high $20's. I'll see if I can find it and post it up. Saw it a couple days ago.

Just for S & G's I plugged your truck into the old NADA for the Detroit area. (i did not select the three options for towing package, rear entertainment, or non Levinson stereo system) It shows a value of 28,400. I've been told the NADA guide can vary and uses the zip code from the IPS address of the computer doing the search. I would be very curious to see how this varies across the country. Anyone else want to run one for the west cost and south and maybe southern east cost and see how this varies? Might be a cool experiment...

Attachments

• Detroit 2005 Lexus LX 470 Utilit...pdf
    416.3 KB · Views: 165
With that mileage, I truly do think upper 20's would be a fair valuation. Provided, that rust is not a factor.

Thanks to all for your feedback!

Based on selling prices on ebay for similar models on completed auctions, I figured pricing was ~$30k. I'm very surprised this is the case - amazing how these things hold value. However, vehicles like the Hundys are very sought-after around the world - they are very valuable for export, so the audience on a medium such as Ebay is much larger.

I did a quick search and found the following private sale prices - note I am in NJ;

Edmunds; $19,900
NADA; $28,550 dealer retail = ~$25k private sale (they don't list private sale prices)
KBB; $17,900

Note;
KBB determines pricing from auction sale data. Both good and terrible cars roll across the lines.
NADA from dealer retail sales. Mostly decent cars I would assume?
Edmunds from state registration records. Includes dealer and private sales.

The mileage is truly what makes it worth anything approximating close to 30k on a private party level. That said, it potentially could not be an uber easy sell due to the difficulty of potential purchasers getting financing on a 10 year old vehicle.

While there are most definitely a cadre of potential 100 owners who can and will pay cash, certainly ratchets up the difficulty level.
If memory serves, favorable lending rates go off a ledge after year 7.

I just bought an 05 with 60k miles. I know I got a great deal, but I did quite a bunch of research before I bought it.
The big problem with valuation is that there are not enough of them that come on the market to create an accurate profile. Having said that, I am confident that in the Southwest, a private sale value would be form $22k to $ 24k.
FWIW, the NADA guide is of no use at all. Think about it. It is a guide prepared by the auto dealers association for the banks to use in deciding how much they will loan on a car. If you were an auto dealer, what would you do? Yep, that's what they do too. Their prices will always be 10% to 20% over what you should pay.

The mileage is truly what makes it worth anything approximating close to 30k on a private party level. That said, it potentially could not be an uber easy sell due to the difficulty of potential purchasers getting financing on a 10 year old vehicle.

While there are most definitely a cadre of potential 100 owners who can and will pay cash, certainly ratchets up the difficulty level.
If memory serves, favorable lending rates go off a ledge after year 7.

I know Chase and some other large banks will only lend on 5 years old or newer and fewer than 75k miles: "We offer Chase car loans on most makes and models of new or used cars, small trucks, SUVs and minivans. Used cars can't be five years older than the current model year and must have no more than 75,000 miles."

Credit unions are a great way to buy if you're looking at an older vehicle however. I know one of the ones I belong to will lend on virtually anything that has a blue book value, so there are lots of older Porsches that get financed there as a result.

Nice ride! I would have preferred an LC but LXs are all the rage in the northeast.

Your rig is worth what someone else is willing to pay for it; simple as that. You can speculate based on mileage, condition etc until the end of days, but you will never actually find out until you put it on the market.

I've been lookin at LC's and LX's from 98 to 03. I'm amazed at the value these trucks hold. There is a 05 LC up in your neck of the woods with another 20k miles than yours and its in the high $20's. I'll see if I can find it and post it up. Saw it a couple days ago.

Just for S & G's I plugged your truck into the old NADA for the Detroit area. (i did not select the three options for towing package, rear entertainment, or non Levinson stereo system) It shows a value of 28,400. I've been told the NADA guide can vary and uses the zip code from the IPS address of the computer doing the search. I would be very curious to see how this varies across the country. Anyone else want to run one for the west cost and south and maybe southern east cost and see how this varies? Might be a cool experiment...

When I was looking I did a lot of plugging in. Not any difference on a 2000 with 255K in a 500 mile radius- except Southern trucks came in noticeably more. Could be demand, but more likely the lack of rust.

As to financing I did mine through the CU- they would lend to full NADA retail up to 19 years old on a low interest 48 month used car loan. You could finance something older on a signature loan- at a higher rate. Money is cheap right now- which was a contributing factor to my pulling the trigger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom