Utah members Shout out (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ferg and I didn't make it down for the run. It is a little bit far for a weekend trip when we have awesome wheeling right here at home. It looked like a good time though, I will find the pictures the other club members took and put up the link. I wish I could have made it though.

"Beautiful" says my wife. "Oooh, slickrock" says me. Wish we could've made it. Dang pilot bushing. Well I sure am going to try again. It'd be great to hook up with you boys from the north end of the state. 8)

Any one interested in doing the Red Mountain Trail the first weekend in December? Or would the San Rafael Swell be better for everyone? If there is enough interest maybe we could meet up somewhere else. Any input?

I don't even know where Red Mountain is? That could be cool though. Is there camping allowed? I'm sure it's south of me and almost anything south of me is better to just stay over somewheres... What kind of wheelin'? Easy to moderate like fins-n-things? Or moderate to hard like hells revenge? Or hardcore? Or all of the above? Multiple trails and runs? Or one trail? I could probably get a few people in on it. Because the WC event in December is a Christmas Party/Dinner, we could probably convince a bunch of them that we need to go wheelin' somewhere too. I've come up with an alternate plan on how to get my FF rear and it's goin' down within a week or two so I should have my rear locker in and functioning by then...

-Ferg-

We (78 and I) were talking about a good campin wheelin weekend and I thought I'd throw the idea out there for anyone interested. I'm heading up to his place right now so I'll see what he thinks. We love camping and hadn't decided on the location yet. We can customize the type of wheelin to best fit the group. I'll be back on in a bit after I talk to Pete(78 One owner). Oh yeah, Red mountain is down here by St. George.

Let's not forget about sand hollow either. There's camping all over.
The Red Mountain Trail has been closed in the past but was recently reopened by the secretary of the interior. We haven't done it yet but it was recomended to us by an avid wheeler and respected 4x4 builder.

Good idea. The Sand Hollow OHV area is so new it hasn't even been completely explored yet. We should spend some time out there finding and making new trails and loops. Lots of slickrock to be explored. There are some good dunes out there too. We've spent millions of hours there on our dirtbikes and it's huge. Excellent place to gather. Right next to a lake too.

Speaking of Red Mountain I did part of it today and thought it was great. Awesome scenery too. Can't wait to do the whole thing. Not too tough in a cruiser but enough to be brutal on Chucks Exploder. Lots of fun. Made me appreciate my big tires and ample ground clearance. You guys will like this trail.

Does Sand Hollow OHV or Red Mountain get much snow? Or is it alright to wheel later in the winter at all? I bet we could get more of the club in on it if we scheduled it for Jan or Feb. I am just thinking that alot of poeple might already be traveling for the holidays and such during Nov and Dec. I'm still up in the air on whether I'll be able to make it. I am kinda refusing to go on wheelin' trips until I get my FF and get it and the locker in and under my rig. The diff I have in the rear currently is the loudest mofo I've ever heard and it vibrates at higher speeds... I'm thinking the bearings are bad, but I don't wanna spend money on or worry about something I ain't gonna be using soon... But, hopefully within a week I'll know what's goin' on with my FF. But anyways, there's a gathering this Saturday for the WC so I'll try and talk to a bunch of them and see what they think. What do you think Hammerhead and 78 one owner? How many rigs do you think could be handled? Most of the WC are pretty well manored (those there's a few of us punk young-uns :flipoff2: ) so it's not like it'll be outta hand, but are you guys thinking you just want 4 or 5 rigs or could you handle leadin' a club run/wheelin' day down there? There's a good mixture of stock to modified 40s, 60/62s and 80s amoungst a few others (and two Jeeps :-X ). The runs I've been to have had 10-20 rigs (though there's like 45 to 50 actualy WC members :eek: ). If it's scheduled into the calendar as a run, I'd say 5-15 rigs, otherwise probably more like 5 rigs. Of course I could just be talkin' out my arse, so let me do some checkin' this week and on Saturday.

-Ferg-

Sand hollow is down here in the desert. We wheel there and ride motorcycles most all year round. Lots of dunes and slickrock. Some great trails too. We like it best in the winter cause its so dang hot in the summer. We could probably handle a pretty good size group at Sand Hollow. It's huge, it's new, it's wide open, and a lot of it is unexplored.

We're also scoping out the Red Mountain trail. We should know more tomorrow night. Anyone wanna go with us in the morn?

just checking in (tried it earlier to no avale).
hopfully the top and tcase will be done in the next week or two. i'm pissed that i missed the first snow. i hate missing any part of the muddy season.

What a hoot! The Red Mountain Trail exploration was a good time today. We got all the way to the end of one of the trails but need to do 2 more. The maps are a bit vague so it's a shot in the dark trying to find the one we're after. We did find the start of the other 2 unknowns. Can't wait to go out there again. If I'd been prepared I probably would've camped out there to explore more tomorrow. We'll be doing this again soon so if any one else is interested, let me know, we'll coordinate our efforts.

RMT is probably only a 3 or 3 1/2 so far. It starts off rough but not too difficult. There are a good number of obstacles mixed in with some great scenery so it should be a good group trail. In one area it overlooks part of Snow Canyon State Park.

E

Makin' me jealous... Sounds like a good time. I've finally got my FF situation all worked out so it should be within the month that I get it all done and functioning. Anyway, really just wanted to say: WHERE'S THE PICS? Hammerhead, if you don't own a digi camera, you need to get one... ::) :flipoff2:

-Ferg-

No doubt huh? It's just not in the budget right now. I should see if my hi-tech (read nerd) brother-in-law has a spare digi-cam I could use. He's pretty cool so he might even come along as a spotter/photographer. We'll see.

Red Mountain Trail is rough, but any stock FJ40 can do it without fear. I don't have any experience with 55's, 60's and such. The first part of the trail is rock city. Larger tires are a big plus for ground clearance. Next would be PS. A locker would be icing on the cake. There is a big sand hole out at the end that skinny tires wouldn't appreciate. A Toy mini with 31's and open diffs made it through with a small tug on a strap. There is a short stretch we wouldn't try with the Exploder, but real trail rigs can handle all of it. Any size group could be easily accomodated for the run. The traihead has lots of room for camping. Anything from tents to RV's. Close to the trailhead there's rocky wash for anybody that needs an extreme fix (or needs to try and break some parts). For a real large group we should look seriously at the Sand Hollow OHV Area. Just depends on how much enthusiasm we get. We're going out camping the first weekend in Dec. and would welcome some company. We'd love to host a large group after the first of the year.

Pete

I would be in for any runs with in an hour or so of utah valley. i have a pretty capable 80 and dont mind a little carnage.....i havde been thinking a snow run up mineral basin (in AF canyon) would be pretty challenging in the snow .......PM if you ever need another rig.

Am trying to borrow a digi-cam right now. Hope to be able to post pics next week. We're heading out the Red Mountain Trail again so if i'm lucky...pics. As usual every one is welcome to come explore with us. 9am in Veyo at "the shop".

[quote author=Slowerthanu link=board=4;threadid=2634;start=msg21986#msg21986 date=1019617984]
Looking for Cruiser owners so we can get together and have a wheeling day and a bar-b-que ( i will bring the ribs and the Coors)  shout out like you mean it  :)
[/quote]
Coors :ban: no wonder it took so long to get a response :flipoff2:
:beer: and BBQ count me in :D
Lost some where in between SLC and Logan(born in Price)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom