1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Upgraded headlight bulbs

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by Keep, Apr 29, 2003.

1. Keep

Keep

A while back on the SOR boards there was a discussion about PIAA's superwhite and xtreme replacement bulbs. I remember some positive comments about them. How have they held up over time? Anyone have experience with Hella's bulbs?

2. 80and100cruisers

80and100cruisers SILVER Star

Media:
    I don't have any experience with those bulbs, but I did buy some cheap knock-off ones. I put them in my 1991 cruiser. The bulbs got so hot that it melted the plastic that they plug into, and I had to replace that. :dunno: Before I replaced it I had to jiggle the light to get them to turn on, and one woudl just turn off while driving. I am back to normal bulbs now. Of course the lesson is, do it right or don't do it. They did give the cool blue/HID look which I liked, they were just a pos product. :mad:

I would guess that Hella or Piaa bulbs won't melt the plug, or give you any problems.

-Matt

3. sjcruiser

sjcruiser

Keep,

Go with PIAA Xtreme; you won't be disappointed. Mine lasts more than 2 yrs now.

Frank.