Unobtainium (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Got my boot today! Excellent quality. Will hopefully get it installed tomorrow. Thanks for making this "obtanium"!

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1424384571.181172.jpg

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1424384586.747272.jpg

I am in for a roof gasket.

The roof gasket will be coming soon. I expect to have a small batch available by next week. It's patterned after the ultra-expensive OEM part # 63168-90307, but will be much more "obtainable" at $150.

The windshield spacer seal is now available in my shop as an OEM offering. I've determined that this is the best price point for this piece, as it'd be tough to develop an alternative that's significantly cheaper while still maintaining OEM level quality.

Last edited:
Have you considered the plastic "T" pull handle from early FJ4x seats? I don't know the part # but there are a couple of photos on SOR's websitehttp://www.sor.com/cat118.sor

I'd venture to guess everyone has at least one broken one in their truck with that style seat. I think someone used to make a reproduction, but as far as I know not anymore. Not sure if it would be economical, but I'd buy 4 of them for the next time mine broke which they inevitably will...

Have you considered the plastic "T" pull handle from early FJ4x seats? I don't know the part # but there are a couple of photos on SOR's websitehttp://www.sor.com/cat118.sor

I'd venture to guess everyone has at least one broken one in their truck with that style seat. I think someone used to make a reproduction, but as far as I know not anymore. Not sure if it would be economical, but I'd buy 4 of them for the next time mine broke which they inevitably will...

I take it this is made entirely of plastic? If so, this is potentially something that can be 3-D printed at a Microsoft Store.

So is the transfer boot a 100% no go on an 84 or is it simply a matter of adding a 4th hole?

Pete

Just saw this imported BJ40 from Italy on eBay.
It's got the Euro mirrors, the rear step, A/C and LHD! It's got fog lights too, but doesn't appear to be OEM.

I hope it's got an upgraded alternator to power all that gear!

Last edited:
Just saw this imported BJ40 from Italy on eBay.
It's got the Euro mirrors, the rear step, A/C and LHD! It's got fog lights too, but doesn't appear to be OEM.

I hope it's got an upgraded alternator with all that gear!
Couldn't help it - I sent them a question asking why the bezel was upside down. We should all do that. He would be like "WTF?"

NICE looking BJ!

Not the easiest thing to photograph in its entirety, but the roof gasket is now available! I am providing a couple of close-up photos so that you can see in detail that the pattern matches OEM part # 63168-90307 ...I swear I am not photographing an OEM gasket! You can see additional pics and descriptions by clicking on my sig.

IMG_5035.JPG
IMG_5042.JPG
IMG_5041.JPG

Don't know if it has already been suggested but how about reproducing the early '63-'67 defrost hoses that come out of both sides of the heater and run behind the dash? Racer65, thanks for taking this stuff on! You are doing quite a service for all of us fellow cruiser owners.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom