UltraGauge Review (OBD-II Gauge/Diagnostic Tool) (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I was u set the impression it doesn't show voltage. Any confirmation on this?

The Ultragauge can display the voltage but only if the ECU reports it. And it sounds like maybe the 80 series ecu does not.

If you use the AMP research splitter like mine you can reinstall the door and you don't have to mod anything. AMP Research Pass Through OBD II Harness # 76404-01A, 4 wheel parts stores usually stock them also.

What's the 4 most important items I should have on my main screen? I know temp is my #1 position.

I have speed(adjusted for the 35s), rpm, average mpg and temp. Another good one is intake temp. If you want to better mpg them put instant mpg on, you'll back off the skinny pedal a lot faster. Hahaha.

...Misspelled via IH8MUD app

I have speed(adjusted for the 35s), rpm, average mpg and temp. Another good one is intake temp. If you want to better mpg them put instant mpg on, you'll back off the skinny pedal a lot faster. Hahaha.

I have 295/75's. I've figured out the difference between stock & my tires (1.075) by dividing my size by stock size. How/where do I enter this number?

Last edited:

Pretty much my exact setup!

I have 295/75's. I've figured out the difference between stock & my tires (1.07) by dividing my size by stock size. How/where do I enter this number?

If you go to setting and speed it let you put in the correction difference in percentage. For 315 I put in10% to be conservative and for yours You can put in 7%.

Don't think the mpg calculation is effected by the offset on speed though.

anybody have a good reason i should not get one of these?
Nope. Had mine for several months now & it's worth the $60.

I think even a used phone off Craigslist with Bluetooth capability and the torque app, plus a $15 OBD 2 Bluetooth reader off fleaBay, is superior. You will have a touchscreen, you can move it or take it off any time you like, you can more easily modify the size and types of data displayed. It's way better and probably cheaper. I use my existing Samsung Galaxy S3, a 6 inch OBD2 90 degree angle extension cord and reader (both off ebay, total cost for both $20), and I'm all set. The Torque app does not have the clunky interface or silly LCD display, and you can put it away when your realize that obsessing over and staring at the engine temp is ruining the fun of driving your rig. Now I just plug mine in on really hot days, long drives or climbs, when I think I really need to know something. Otherwise, there is no need. It's kind of like having a GPS running watch. If you wear it while you run, your run becomes about looking at the data rather than enjoying your run.
Just my two cents.

I think even a used phone off Craigslist with Bluetooth capability and the torque app, plus a $15 OBD 2 Bluetooth reader off fleaBay, is superior. You will have a touchscreen, you can move it or take it off any time you like, you can more easily modify the size and types of data displayed. It's way better and probably cheaper. I use my existing Samsung Galaxy S3, a 6 inch OBD2 90 degree angle extension cord and reader (both off ebay, total cost for both $20), and I'm all set. The Torque app does not have the clunky interface or silly LCD display, and you can put it away when your realize that obsessing over and staring at the engine temp is ruining the fun of driving your rig. Now I just plug mine in on really hot days, long drives or climbs, when I think I really need to know something. Otherwise, there is no need. It's kind of like having a GPS running watch. If you wear it while you run, your run becomes about looking at the data rather than enjoying your run.
Just my two cents.
Does this set-up read & clear codes? Is it $60 or less? If the answer to both of the questions is yes. If the answer to either of these questions is no then, as far as I'm concerned, your wrong.

Does this set-up read & clear codes? Is it $60 or less? If the answer to both of the questions is yes. If the answer to either of these questions is no then, as far as I'm concerned, your wrong.

If you've got an old smartphone sitting around or can get one for under $45 then the answer is yes to both your questions.

Considering ultragauge now, want the right tool, but there are sooo many options.

I just installed my Ultragauge about a week ago, but I'm liking it a lot so far. Still figuring it out and customizing screens.

I need to re-read the user manual because I can not figure out how to adjust MPH for 35's, or how to reset distance to empty. I'm sure I just keep over looking it.

I've had mine for 6 months, I love it. If you want something that installs and sets up easily and don't need all the bells and whistles it's the way to go. No charging, no visibility issues, it just works. I use it for my speedo since I'm on 35s. Also helps me keep light on the pedal and maintain my 14mpg average.

Perhaps it's time to go ahead and buy one. I keep putting it off, waiting for something better.

The answers are yes and yes. The set up I am using and proposed to the OP both reads and clears codes. It's fantastic, cheap, removable, customizable display, it's great. I couldn't be happier with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom