Ultimate OEM 60 series parts still in stock (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Not that I know of. Most of the parts are all discontinued.

You can go with an 80 series box. That's available new. So is the sector shaft and the power piston.
Any pros/cons to go with the 80 box over getting the 60 resealed?

80 series box has the same hole pattern as the late 60 boxes and has a larger/stronger sector shaft IIRC.
So is an 80 series steering box a truly bolt on option with no modifications needed? What year(s) 80?

All years 80.

The important thing is it only interchanges with 2nd gen 60 box. 1st gen 60 box has a different mounting bolt pattern.

So that is 10/84 up?

Any pros/cons to go with the 80 box over getting the 60 resealed?

The 80 series box has a larger power piston, so it has more steering assist. Con is that with larger tires, that extra steering assist can more easily break the sector shaft, which is why people put the 105 sector shaft in the 80 steering box.

80 series box has the same hole pattern as the late 60 boxes and has a larger/stronger sector shaft IIRC.

The stock 80 steering box actually has a nearly identical sector shaft to the 60 steering box. To that point, you can put a 80 series pitman arm on a 60 series box without modification.

This would be the direction I would go in personally.
Now I just need a source for OEM replacement parts... :idea:

Amazingly, this is still available from Toyota..... barely.... I got the last one in the US.

IMG_6896.JPG

accel pump?

Are there more on their way from Japan or is that The Last One?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom