Ultimate OEM 60 series parts still in stock (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yup. Comes flange to flange. Balanced shaft with Ujoints.

37110-36520: List: $646.42 MUD: $484.81

cant find the difference in part numbers, is that the long or short (h55) driveshaft? what would be the right numbers for the two?
My IT computer is not compatible with my requests... thanks

that is a friggin great price for a complete D.S.....

Rear wiper nozzle for the 60/62 are now discontinued: 85035-90A02

The front ones have been discontinued for sometime.

Fresh off the boat! Loads of OEM goodies coming into stock. New carburetors, FJ40 and FJ62 dash pads, OEM jerry cans, Euro spec mirrors, FZJ80 brake boosters and stuff I don't remember I ordered!

IMG_9219.JPG

I have this mess. I think the culprit is the seal on the worm assembly. Parts counter tells me it is 90311-36104 and discontinued. Would like to confirm that's an accurate # before I search out an alternative. Searching mud for that part turned up nothing. Thanks!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

@ufg8r That part number looks correct. In addition to it being by itself, it also comes as part of a small assembly:

upload_2016-8-14_11-53-52.png

44104-22011 PLUG SUB-ASSY, ADJUSTER

You could also consider the entire gasket kit:
upload_2016-8-14_11-55-5.png

04445-60020 GASKET KIT, POWER STEERING GEAR(FOR RECIRCULATING BALL)

Also, West Texas Offroad rebuilds the FJ40 power steering gear boxes for a very competitive $160-ish plus shipping. They may rebuild the FJ60 ones as well. May be worthwhile rebuilding the entire thing instead of one piece at a time.

-Geoff

@ufg8r
Also, West Texas Offroad rebuilds the FJ40 power steering gear boxes for a very competitive $160-ish plus shipping. They may rebuild the FJ60 ones as well. May be worthwhile rebuilding the entire thing instead of one piece at a time.

-Geoff

West Texas Offroad does also rebuild the FJ60 box. Just recently had one done and the total with shipping was ca. $220-240. A box without the pitman arm will fit in a medium flat rate USPS box but it will be a tight fit.

Thanks @jgeoffr and @Godwin, I might just have it rebuilt..that way I know the entire thing will be right. Good to know the part number and assembly numbers too though.

Do be careful about terminology:

West Texas RESEALS the Toyota gear boxes.

They don't rebuild them which would include a new sector shaft, new bearings and a new power piston.

That would be a true rebuild.

The gasket set above is just for a reseal.

Regards.
Onur

Last edited:
Do be careful about terminology:

West Texas RESEALS the Toyota gear boxes.

They don't rebuild them which would include a new sector shaft, new bearings and a new power piston.

That would be a true rebuild.

The gasket set above is just for a reseal.

Regards.
Onur

Pay attention to Beno here instead my misstatement regarding WTOR "rebuild". I've had WTOR reseal one box and it went > 100k miles before leaks developed. I've since had it resealed, again by WTOR but too recently for any long term observations. With two reseals on this box I'll be watching it carefully for leaks. I think there have been some threads on shops that do an actual rebuild if you want to go that route.

It's all good, thanks again. Spent the morning looking for related threads and I think I'm going to tackle the reseal myself. If it goes south...it'll be off to the pros. But may as well take a stab at it.

Does anyone fully rebuild them then? I thought WTOF was a rebuild.. Good to know it's just a reseal.

Not that I know of. Most of the parts are all discontinued.

You can go with an 80 series box. That's available new. So is the sector shaft and the power piston.
Good to know. Lets talk later about that option. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom