Ultimate OEM 60 series parts still in stock (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

not that I'd ever give up the TLC...but that thing looks COMFY

not that I'd ever give up the TLC...but that thing looks COMFY

They are comfy, but you don't get near the amount of satisfaction while being behind the wheel... Plus there is too much plastic.
IMG_3829.JPG

the older I get, the more dream about a new car with PS and AC...

Me too. Although I now have a "modern" 1999 Subaru Forester (w 45,000 on the odo) as my "real car".

I purchased my 60 way back in 88 because I wanted a super dependable off road vehicle and that could go anywhere in Mexico.

30 years later... I have my doubts.
Yes I have backup used parts of the critical items, but I no longer have the confidence in the cruiser I used to. And as this thread attests...If something goes south.... And at 30 years, anything can go south, the repair option often is another 30 year old worn out part.

So as much as I like the cruiser, I don't trust it any more for life & death scenarios (Mexico). Maybe because I've read too many threads here on mud were s*** suddenly happens out of the blue.

That being said, I return once again to the concept of owning a new 4Runner or Tacoma. As ugly (subjectively) as these vehicles are, they are pretty big now. The new 4Runner is almost the size of a 60. The Super Size Tacoma is actually bigger. And they will be dependable and vehicles you can trust.

Sure they don't have the allure and aura of a Land Cruiser, but they are more reasonably priced compared to that rediculous thing called the USA LC200.

So as much as I kind of cringe going to the dark side of 4Runner/Tacoma land, at least in doing so I know I'll get a new sturdy vehicle that I can depend on.

>>>

This thread inspires no confidence in owning a FJ60 except for traveling to nearby weekend entertainment outings.

This thread inspires no confidence in owning a FJ60 except for traveling to nearby weekend entertainment outings.

You are to wise, just drive the darn thing like it's still 1988. The only thing you can't fix with simple tools is if your engine or transmission went out.

87834-14011-28: interior rearview mirror base cover (in ivory--only color available): Discontinued.

I have the last 8 available in the US.

In other news, I am doing my best to have a lot more 60 series parts in stock and have made investments in this direction to assist the LC community. Including the last later 2F engine gasket kit (04111-61046):

I doubt any women are going to want to stay at Casa de Beno. :lol: I do need more shelves.

IMG_4098.JPG

IMG_4099.JPG

That's how Marv Specter started. But he got into non USA and aftermarket parts pretty quick.

I pick and choose what aftermarket parts I allow to be sold.

If it is a Toyota keiretsu company, I am happy to sell those parts at a better price for the end user vs the Toyota equivalent.

So, Denso, Koyo, Aisin, NOK, Toyo Rad, etc.

I do not sell Chi-Com nor any crap from companies with bad business practices.

I do very much the Like the Terrain Tamer products, Marks Gear, Matsuba, Joint Fuji, ART, and some aftermarket components from South Africa.

Non-US parts are becoming a huge part of my young and developing business.

Last edited:
I pick and choose what aftermarket parts I allow to be sold.

If it is a Toyota keiretsu company, I am happy to sell those parts at a better price for the end user vs the Toyota equivalent.

So, Denso, Koyo, Aisin, NOK, Toyo Rad, etc.

I do not sell Chi-Com nor any crap from companies with bad business practices.

I do very much the Terrain Tamer products, Marks Gear, Matsuba, Joint Fuji, ART, and some aftermarket components from South Africa.

Non-US parts are becoming a huge part of my young and developing business.
Stock list available?

I might have some shelves for you in a month or 2...

Me too. Although I now have a "modern" 1999 Subaru Forester (w 45,000 on the odo) as my "real car".

I purchased my 60 way back in 88 because I wanted a super dependable off road vehicle and that could go anywhere in Mexico.

30 years later... I have my doubts.
Yes I have backup used parts of the critical items, but I no longer have the confidence in the cruiser I used to. And as this thread attests...If something goes south.... And at 30 years, anything can go south, the repair option often is another 30 year old worn out part.

So as much as I like the cruiser, I don't trust it any more for life & death scenarios (Mexico). Maybe because I've read too many threads here on mud were s*** suddenly happens out of the blue.

That being said, I return once again to the concept of owning a new 4Runner or Tacoma. As ugly (subjectively) as these vehicles are, they are pretty big now. The new 4Runner is almost the size of a 60. The Super Size Tacoma is actually bigger. And they will be dependable and vehicles you can trust.

Sure they don't have the allure and aura of a Land Cruiser, but they are more reasonably priced compared to that rediculous thing called the USA LC200.

So as much as I kind of cringe going to the dark side of 4Runner/Tacoma land, at least in doing so I know I'll get a new sturdy vehicle that I can depend on.

>>>

Hey, thanks for making me want an 80 series now. :(

Hey, thanks for making me want an 80 series now. :(

Unless you just want an 80, you're probably better off skipping it and going to a 100. The newest 80s will be 20 years old next year, which won't leave much time until they're in the same boat as 60s, but with even more "mission critical" parts.

I just wish someone would step in and make at least passable quality body panels. My biggest fear is getting into a fender bender and either getting mine totaled out or having to kill another 60 that could have been saved so that mine may live.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom