Ultimate OEM 60 series parts still in stock (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

There is a thread on the air cooled Volkswagen forum about parts. The VW issue is that of course there is NO OEM support, so everything is aftermarket. The aftermarket parts WERE great (Bosch, etc), however the influx of "Made in China" parts has killed the quality. The parts support is there, but if the quality is not ??? A few of the people even discussed abandoning the hobby, because they can't even trust their parts for around town driving.

Zack

PS: I have a friend who is restoring a 1984 Chevy K20 truck and I am jealous every time he needs a part since almost 100% of the parts are still available.

The same people complaining about the quality of their aftermarket parts are also the same people complaining about how expensive OEM parts are. It's been the same show for years and years and won't change.

:meh:

I was happy to pay for OEM parts. Especially when Onur is on the other end of the phone! Thank you

Thanks to a MUDDER for asking for these today:

The front headlight housings have two grommets each that the adjuster screws go into. Technically you cannot get them separately from the housings.

I checked the rear taillight housings and they use the same exact grommets and those grommets are available. :)

90189-05013

IMG_8086.JPG

usually when someone calls me a "mudder" its quickly followed by "ucker" (know this site doesn't allow swears to be typed). Thanks again Onur for all your help, was great getting to talk to you. The happy feeling of knowing more OEM Toyota parts are on the way. :clap:

The front headlight housings have two grommets each that the adjuster screws go into. Technically you cannot get them separately from the housings.

I checked the rear taillight housings and they use the same exact grommets and those grommets are available. :)

90189-05013

View attachment 1050855

I'll take two bags of those, sir. Should I start an official parts list PM?

I have those grommets on order again. They also fit the front grill and the turn signals for an fj62. Oh, don't forget the smaller grommets for the fender vents or headlight doors, p/n #90189-04069 ..hth

Last edited:

90189-05013

View attachment 1050855

This is also the perfect reason to order from the experts like Onur...or CDan. Placed a decent size order today....the two parts I had planned on buying local were the four grommets and adjuster screws....knew they'd be cheap and i wanted to get the front of my rig back together asap.....called the local Toyota dealership ("screws and grommets are NLA). Call Onur, here's how the call went Onur - "yep screws are available....but you can't get the grommets for the front....wait, can you hold a sec, I have an idea...he runs out back and checks to see if the grommets above will work, confirms they will. Place the rest of my order, happier than $h!t. So I have to wait a few extra days....got expert service...some great tips, saved some $ with the MUD discount.....and got to talk to one very cool guy.

Are OEM parts more expensive, yep....are they worth it, yep. On top of it we've got class acts like Onur here who have a passion for these 60's. Type of guy you'd want to grab a beer...or whiskey, or whatever with....if I find myself out in GA...or you're up in Seattle Onur...drinks are on me. Thanks again, this community is very lucky to have people like you.

Any of you guys tried using Amayama for NOS/OEM parts?

I been using them a lot lately to buy old rare arse Nissan Patrol parts. Looked up some stuff for my Cruiser on there and it all pretty much comes up as available. Thing about Amayama is you don't know if you can get the part until you try to order it. They got online parts books tied into their site too. I have had nothing but excellent service from them. It is pretty cool to get a box of NOS/OEM parts from Japan too! :)

Cheers

Any of you guys tried using Amayama for NOS/OEM parts?

I been using them a lot lately to buy old rare arse Nissan Patrol parts. Looked up some stuff for my Cruiser on there and it all pretty much comes up as available. Thing about Amayama is you don't know if you can get the part until you try to order it. They got online parts books tied into their site too. I have had nothing but excellent service from them. It is pretty cool to get a box of NOS/OEM parts from Japan too! :)

Cheers

I use them often actually. But most of the stuff that shows discontinued here, shows not available there as well once you put your inquiry in.

At least for J6X vehicles.

I'm waiting on some J8x parts from Amayama right now. I'll let you know how it works.

I use them often actually. But most of the stuff that shows discontinued here, shows not available there as well once you put your inquiry in.

At least for J6X vehicles.

Ya I kind of figured that. Amayama helps me a lot for the old Patrols but on the Nissans I don't have the resource of you guys. Up to this point I have always bought all my NOS/OEM Cruiser parts from you or CDan. Amayama does search UAE but I have not gotten any parts from UAE yet, just Japan.

Cheers

I have had zero luck w/ Amayama. By the time I exhaust every North American resource and send an inquiry to Amayama, it's pretty clearly a lost cause. Might be different if I was working on something popular in the homeland, like AE86.

I have had zero luck w/ Amayama. By the time I exhaust every North American resource and send an inquiry to Amayama, it's pretty clearly a lost cause. Might be different if I was working on something popular in the homeland, like AE86.

That is to bad to hear. :(

I recently got from them a rear PTO shifter and knob. I also got a rear PTO gear used in the t-case to drive the rear PTO. Considering this stuff was only put in fire trucks, I feel very lucky to have been able to buy it. They have supplied lot's of parts I thought I could never get. But this is for Nissan Patrols and for models never sold in the USA. So the parts are probably available through any dealerships in a country that sold Patrols.

Cheers

I've had zero luck w/ Amayama finding LC parts too. I don't waste my or their time with LC parts queries anymore.

It's because this stuff is discontinued. Toyota's suppliers are not making these parts anymore.

That's really the long and the short of it unfortunately.

Another one bites the dust:

75860-69015: Driver's side snake blinder

I procured the last one for a client today.

PS is still available but I don't see that last that long either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom