TWT -- The Wrenching Thread (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Camping at the Group Camp for Logan's Run is barely even camping. Nathan and I slept under the stars in hammocks last year. We may set up tarps this year to keep the dew off of us. You don't need to go all out on gear for LR. The weather forecast is looking pretty good so far. Fingers crossed!
Currently, the weather is supposed to be perfect for LR. We are a family of four with two dogs and we're planning on bringing my daughter's friend. I will more than likely be hammock camping (which I absolutely love!) while the rest are in the tent.

Hey, I shot a video. :)

Not as sexy as a V8 humming, but tore into dryer to diagnose no heat, found heating element without continuity, took it off and looks like this. Now parts won't get here till Thursday, LR day!

image.jpeg

Not as sexy as a V8 humming, but tore into dryer to diagnose no heat, found heating element without continuity, took it off and looks like this. Now parts won't get here till Thursday, LR day!

View attachment 1321216
You can try d&l at freedom drive. Call and say that you are me. Pm me for more info

image.jpg
Drawer carcass #2 is now removed. Had to have a better effiency of space for this weekend.

Also had to replace my horns. Again. Screw FIAMM. Still had the weak old OEM I took out last year, so they went back in until Amazon sends me something exciting and new (discreet Love Boat reference there).

I bought my 80 about a year ago, at that time I started doing several PM items (valve cover, wires, plugs, rotor, pcv, air intake hose). I then got distracted by lifts, tires, bumper, winch, more tires, etc. you get the point. I'm back on the the PM track and plan to replace all three belts, flush radiator, replace three radiator hoses, thermostat, PHH, idler pulley. dizzy o ring, HD tie rod/draglink. Water pump is fairly new, power steering pump is new, oil pump gasket has been replaced, anything else I should tackle while I am in there?

Front crank seal, AC tensioner pulley, heater control valve, and as many other small hoses you can get to on the firewall. Will you be doing the PHH, or bypassing it with longer hose and removing the hard line? I opted to bypass, and would recommend it. I bought 4 or 6 ft of NAPA Yellow Stripe (equivalent of Gates Green Stripe), and a box of breeze clamps from Napa. Might as well do the alternator brushes, and the starter contacts and plunger. Youll need to remove the starter to get to the PHH anyway. All of the toyota bits can be sourced from @beno.

Front crank seal, AC tensioner pulley, heater control valve, and as many other small hoses you can get to on the firewall. Will you be doing the PHH, or bypassing it with longer hose and removing the hard line? I opted to bypass, and would recommend it. I bought 4 or 6 ft of NAPA Yellow Stripe (equivalent of Gates Green Stripe), and a box of breeze clamps from Napa. Might as well do the alternator brushes, and the starter contacts and plunger. Youll need to remove the starter to get to the PHH anyway. All of the toyota bits can be sourced from @beno.

I'm going back with the hard pipe and silicone for the PHH. Researched the starter and alternator work. It is necessary to remove the starter for the PHH, or does it just make life easier?

You don't have to remove the starter. I have pretty big hands and have been able to access by removing driver front tire and fender skirts.

I tried to keep my starter in, and i couldnt contort myself into a position to get the old clamp cut off. Really, if you havent done your starter contacts, that would be the perfect time. Takes longer to get the starter out and in than it does to replace the contacts and plunger.

I tried to keep my starter in, and i couldnt contort myself into a position to get the old clamp cut off. Really, if you havent done your starter contacts, that would be the perfect time. Takes longer to get the starter out and in than it does to replace the contacts and plunger.
Agreed

Thanks,
Ordering starter rebuild, alternator brushes, ac and alternator pulley from beno.

Been replacing 20 year old blown speakers in the 80. Wanted to keep the original speaker grills in the doors so went with the Pioneer replacement. Not real hard just a little bit of modifying for the rear door speaker mounts. Noticeable difference in sound quality as well

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Trail gear Axle Housing for an 82 PU.

14358649_1269553499742205_3746868495946710908_n.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom