Turkey and Wheeling. October 10 - 11 (1 Viewer)

Which wheeling itinerary do you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

canadian bum

SILVER Star
Threads
I found a pretty awesome trail out west of Sundre and think it would be a pretty good time for wheeling. Plan will be to wheel the Saturday and Sunday. Have a Turkey supper on the Saturday night.

This run will be moderate to challenging. Not only will you have to be prepared but also you will have to bring something to contribute to the Turkey supper. I'll bring the turkey.

We will meet Saturday in Caroline for those Red Deer and North. For those coming up from the South you can meet in Sundre for gas and to group up. We will then be meeting near the powerlines on the Forestry trunk road located Northwest of Sundre and Southwest of Caroline.

The option to meet up later Saturday set up camp and make the dinner is available. With wheeling all day Sunday and head back on Monday.

Itinerary

Option 1
Saturday

- 9:30 am meet in Caroline at the GTI. Meet in Sundre and gas up. (Calgary guys will have to determine a location in Sundre)
- 10:30 am meet near the powerlines on the forestry trunk road.
- Head to the trail head and wheel for the day
- We will determine as a group when to stop and set up camp and prepare the meal. It may still be on the trail it may not be. We will kick back relax, enjoy some laughs, some good food, and a nice fire.

Sunday
- Carry on wheeling. If we are done wheeling the trail and have time we can explore or do another trail the we have been on before.
- Head home or the option to stay the night again.

Monday (optional)
- do a little wheeling or head out

Option 2
Saturday

- 3:00 pm meet in Caroline at the GTI. Meet in Sundre and gas up. (Calgary guys will have to determine a location in Sundre)
- 4:00 pm meet near the powerlines on the forestry trunk road.
- go to a camping location near the area and set up for the night. We will have the Turkey dinner and kick back.

Sunday
- we will get up at a decent time and head out wheeling for the day.
- we will determine what time to set up camp as a group and kick back. (For those wanting to head out Sunday night this may not be possible as we may be camped on the trail)

Monday
- Finish the trail if we are still on it and head out.

Last edited:
doing dinner with the family on Sunday so have to stay close to home. sounds awesome though.

Updates made. Please vote in the poll to what itinerary works best for you.

Thanks,

John

I voted but my attendance will depend on the family turkey plan which hasn't been set yet - I have some campaigning to do...

Wish I wasn't working.

Looks like 3 rigs. Is this still a go? Mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce and some brussel sprouts are my contribution. It's my daughter and me in my 40. How many people do we have to plan for?

Should've chimed in earlier perhaps, but im in too, so 4 rigs, possibly one or two last minute deals. Yep, its goin. No need to go overboard, but looks like 5ish. All contribution is appreciated, we usually end up with alot to go around. C'mon weekend.

Just checking departure times. I haven't wheeled in that area before. I am planning on being in Sundre between 9:30-10. Is the trunk road well labeled or do I need to know the RR or TWP # to get there and get to the rendezvous point? Thanks.

Take 584 west from sundre, past bearberry to highway 40/ trunk road. Head north to powerlines, south of clearwater river. If i recall correctly, expect about 40 mins to lines takin it easy.

Last edited:
I might be a little later. Have to pick up some stuff in the morning involving. Can pump times back an hour. If that works for everyone that would be great. If not no worries I'll make sure everything is handled accordingly

Assuming I don't get lost I'm cool with whatever the timing is for the group.

Just about to hit the gravel on the trunk road. So we are going to be close to schedule.

Awesome tour with John and Jeremy. Worked out some of the rust both literally and figuratively on both Clifford, the 40 and me, the almost 50. Great weather, great company and great wheeling.

Many thanks for an awesome trip. I hope you made it back home without too many troubles. I'm looking forward to the next adventure.

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1444628937.555846.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1444628955.836643.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1444628996.788884.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1444629013.341108.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1444629044.592146.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1444629064.927290.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1444629088.813162.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1444629106.947775.jpg

I've wheeled with those two. As long as you aren't on a dialysis machine afterwards= good trip

I've wheeled with those two. As long as you aren't on a dialysis machine afterwards= good trip

We've toned it back quite a bit ha ha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom