Turf-n-Surf 2016 November 11-13th (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

sethzilla

SILVER Star
Threads
It's approaching yet again, the 2016 Turf-n-Surf will be held on Veterans Day weekend in the Oceano Dunes SVRA, CA.
Get your camping reservations now before they sell out----> www.reserveamerica.com

This year the shirt features 2 rigs from last year: A Canadian Troopy on the front and Stayner's rolled FJ55 on the back.

The local club website has been updated and the shopping cart is now live with all kinds of new stuff!---> www.centralcoastlandcruisers.com

Being the same weekend as Veterans Day we decided to give back to our soldiers and their families by having a sale of American flag items. 100% of all the proceeds from these items sold with be donated to the Special Operations Warrior Foundation Scholarship Grants

Just over 2 months away, hope to see you all on the beach!

TNS2016-Mens-front-458x458_zps8rfqwiso.jpg

TNS2016-back-design-458x458_zpsqmp7ledr.jpg

TNS2016-veterans-decal-458x458_zpsibngzhdt.jpg

Last edited:
Not having done this before, the camping reservations are for the vehicle, or for having a tent there?

Not having done this before, the camping reservations are for the vehicle, or for having a tent there?
I camping pass is defined as a vehicle and trailer not exceeding 40' with up to 8 people max. So if you drive your Cruiser and a tent with friends you're good! Just be sure to get a camping pass for each night you'll be on the dunes.
icon_amps_no.gif
icon_fullhookup_no.gif

really looking forward to this!
hey, have any of you seen the thread about the cross country run? we should start a leg of it in the sand dunes and do a couple hot laps and add some poker run cards:
FJ40 Cross-Country Expedition: Will YOU join us???

I'm expecting to be there this year as well...

29E99495-5FC8-4571-8D84-3A5BB2BF6470.JPG

Some of the sights and sounds you might see at Pismo 2016 !

Unfortunately, the vehicle is not mine......

Good times! I was stationed there on the tail end of what was the Surf'n turf ... Wish I never took orders to Montana. Have fun and wheel safe! The last year I went 2014 the fog was so bad after the night runners headed out most had to spend the night in the dunes because it was too dangerous to try to find the way back to the beach

sometimes it's cool and foggy, air gets really wet and sinks thru your sleeves straight to your bones.
Other times it's 80 degrees and sunny.

it'll have morning fog that burns off, or evening breezes.

Last year it was awesome, even had a rocket launch out of Vandenburg just to the south..that was a great show!

I've rain. I've seen sun. Be prepared for either.

sometimes it's cool and foggy, air gets really wet and sinks thru your sleeves straight to your bones.
Other times it's 80 degrees and sunny.

it'll have morning fog that burns off, or evening breezes.

Last year it was awesome, even had a rocket launch out of Vandenburg just to the south..that was a great show!

I've rain. I've seen sun. Be prepared for either.

Perfect. Thanks guys.

that one year my tent was doing a barrel roll up the dunes for about 120 yards until someone caught it and returned it to it's starting location.
I think we were in the back dunes when it happened and we all came back to everything full of sand and re-combobulated.

still never had sand in any meals during sand chef though...crazy how that turns out.

wopeee.jpg

Gonna be there...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom