tuning a tbi chip (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hey guys- ya'll please don't give up on me. haven't posted in a while. inkpot said once "just spend the $250 and then it gets tuned for your driving conditions and styles" july 15, 2015. well, I cant find anyone to do a dyno tune on it but I live 80 miles from dallas, tx. and could drive there. made a few phone calls with no luck. the way I'm getting it, to do a laptop tune I need to modify my 2247 computer with a G2 adapter to accept an eeprom eraseable chip. or, I could call Howell EFI and tell him some particulars about my 2f motor and led him burn me a chip, but seems like its kind of a guess then. I've been told to "flash" my computer and think it has to have the adapter with the eeprom chip to do that. think the prom I have has to be erased with a uv light till you get it dialed in. I know everyone's motor may be a little different and would take different changes to a prom. and I don't think I could grasp things good enough to buy the stuff and tune it myself. I was confused before because I had the astro van chip, which was supposed to do really well and mine wasn't so I thought something wasn't quite right with my setup. now I know I have to get my chip tuned for my particular motor. my check engine light never comes on and it runs good, just really rich. this tuning thing thing has me stumped. thanks to all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom