Tuffy 8 inch center console w/radio slot (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Because I couldn't find the info before I purchased my center console I wanted it noted that the Tuffy 8 inch center console with the radio slot will fit a 60/61/62 with the factory cable lockers. After having mine sitting in the house for 6 months I finally got around to installing it today. Last week while my mechanic was going through my coolant system I had him bypass the rear heater so I could remove it for this center console install. I probably could have have moved it toward the passenger seat a bit and given me some more room around the emergency brake handle, but I was trying to keep it close for leaning on while driving. Overall I am EXTREMELY happy with the install. It's quiet going down the road, houses my CB radio, and is a lot more comfortable than the factory center console.

IMGP4750-XL.jpg

IMGP4752-XL.jpg

IMGP4751-XL.jpg

IMGP4755-XL.jpg

IMGP4758-XL.jpg

Love that shifter ball. Can't wait to install mine

Wow, that interior is perfect..........except your steering wheel is on the wrong side:hillbilly:

Wow, that interior is perfect..........except your steering wheel is on the wrong side:hillbilly:
Thanks! That's the fun side of the vehicle, especially when you try to pass on a single lane highway!! Lol

How are you finding the console's top as an armrest? Certainly, it's higher then OEM, but is it too far a-stern to be useful?

And have you a clever location for the radio's hand mike? In your pictures I see it....not.

Very clean install @Mr Tibbs

Did you have to do any drilling to mount the console to the floor? Or did it bolt in using existing bolt locations?

Cheers
I drilled one hole in the front bottom of the console to bolt into the existing heater hole on the hump and two holes in the body of Stoffel after I removed the rear heater to match up to the two existing holes in the bottom back of the console.

How are you finding the console's top as an armrest? Certainly, it's higher then OEM, but is it too far a-stern to be useful?

And have you a clever location for the radio's hand mike? In your pictures I see it....not.
As of now the armrest is a bit too far back to be useful without effort. But, I am going to talk to a fab guy this weekend about making some brackets to "scoot" the factory seat back about 6 inches to make a more comfortable ride for myself and the passenger seats. After that it will be much more useful.

The CB mic currently resides inside the console. This is a STUPID amount of room inside this console for all sorts of stuff. I almost need an organizer for inside the damn thing!! Lol

Mr Tibbs - Are you still around and able to take some measurements for me? Curious to know the distance from soemthing like the seat belt buckle bracket to your Tuffy. Both sides would help greatly.

Thanks
Rob

Last edited:
Sorry Rob, I shipped the rig off this morning to the mechanic. I wish I would have seen this sooner.

Rig back yet? I am so much more comfortable! Thing is staying for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom