truck moves while in gear...??? help!???! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
alright... my runner which is a 5sp, developed a new trick in the time since my last post since i havent been able to fix the leak... now I have tested this a few times while on flat level ground. while in gear, and the clutch ALL the way pushed in, my truck will start rolling on it's own... can this be from a oil covered clutch or do I have another problem at hand?

i assume you are indicating that with the truck running, it still moves forward when in gear even if the clutch is depressed? which under normal conditions should stop the truck from moving.

you said it was on flat level ground, but have double checked that its not just rolling forward by chalking the front wheels and jacking up the rear end and performing the same test? or is it moving fast enough to tell its not rolling?

the only thing that could cause that is that the clutch is not disengaging completely. so your slave cylinder may be shot, leaking, or have air in the line somewhere. to me, oil all over your clutch disc would make it NOT move. so i would start with the slave cylinder.

There is some adjustment in the pedal that you can make too.

Your truck is trying to tell you that it wants a new clutch.

Yes and yes.

Based on your other post, I think you know that a new clutch is in your future, but adjusting the clutch is what will stop the engagement. Look under the dash just above the clutch pedal and up in behind the dash you will find the pedal adjustment screws. I had the same problem with a new clutch about a year ago, just have to adjust the pedal out so the clutch will disengage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom