Truck and Winch / Tuff Stuff (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I bought a 12,500# Tuff Stuff classic winch. Had it for Close to 18 months now, and it's been used a handful of times without issue.

Until Sunday.

I came across another 80 series at a local off-road park, he was buried. We hooked up & about 10 seconds into the recovery I heard / felt a pop.

The cable went slack while the motor kept running. The winch was done.

That's where Truck & Winch comes in, with their 3 year warranty.

I emailed them through ebay' Mail relay and received a same day response on Monday. Tuesday afternoon they facetimed with me troubleshooting & pin pointed the issue. They had a package in the mail the same day.

I'll update this thread with the results, but so far they have been great to work with.

image.jpg

image.jpg

so, not that Tuff that one, then?

did you double line with a snatch block or single line ? great service or not the point is to get recovered not how fast the parts get to you .good luck

Agreed break it sucks especially on a recovery device. I'm sure if it was me that was stuck and it failed on me then I would be a lot more upset than I am.

I was doing a single line pool no snatch block.

Admittedly I'm a novice at winching, i've always just use the Yank strap in the past

From the pic, it doesn't look too bad. I doubt that there was a 12,000 lb load on the winch. Did the truck move at all during those 10 seconds?

dont know what and that cruiser weighs but if its mud and water double the weight up to the axles and triple it if up over the frame .winching a vehicle out is usually better the path that it went in .these are basics that i use and have worked for the last 40 years but something new always pops up

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom