Trip Report - 3rd Annual 100s in the Hills (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Since my trip was more than just Ouray, I've started a blog. I'm only on day 4 out of 9 days and have not even got to talking about Ouray. However, I figured some may be interested in reading it. I'll update it with the rest of the trip later this week.

WELCOME TO "LAND CRUISER PASSION"

http://landcruiserpassion.blogspot.com/2013/08/summer-vacation-2013-ouray-co.html

Here are a few teaser photos of the Ouray portion of the trip:

DSC_8453-X2.jpg

DSC_8464-X3.jpg

DSC_8465-X3.jpg

DSC_8466-X3.jpg

DSC_8617-X3.jpg

More to come....

Last edited:
Good idea!

I started writing up a summary yesterday and then realized posting it in this thread may not be the best location (our trip also included several non event days). I don't want to clutter the boards with a separate thread, either.

but, but, here's a few teasers anyways :p

IMG_1837.jpg

IMG_2001.jpg

IMG_2080.jpg

Would anybody be opposed to sharing any facebook albums they post?

somebody has a PoV vid of going down BB? that would be neat

somebody has a PoV vid of going down BB? that would be neat

Yep, they are coming, mine will be short clips posted to YouTube and linked here. With 2 years of gopro footage I'm yet to edit together anything passable as a filmp project... just the occasional short silent clip.

Guys, what a great time. Truly an epic event. I really enjoyed meeting everybody and it was great to talk to some awesome folks from around the country.

I want to once again personally Thank Jon, Josh, Stan and others who put so much time and effort into this. It simply could not have been done without you guys!! :beer:

Im slacking on my pics, but one for the thread:

4_zpse9079f73.jpg

Eric, it was great meeting you and your Dad. I wish that steering rack leak hadn't downed your Imogene run. We'll get it in next year.

Had a great time Eric! I enjoyed talking with your dad Friday night and hope you'll both cone back next year.

I got slammed when I returned (apparently criminals don't take a vacation) so I have not had a chance to even look at my videos/photos. Will try to do some editing over the weekend and post up. I have great video of black bear from our group.

image-813767130.jpg

This one was on my phone.

image-813767130.jpg

Since my trip was more than just Ouray, I've started a blog. I'm only on day 4 out of 9 days and have not even got to talking about Ouray. However, I figured some may be interested in reading it. I'll update it with the rest of the trip later this week.

WELCOME TO "LAND CRUISER PASSION"

http://landcruiserpassion.blogspot.com/2013/08/summer-vacation-2013-ouray-co.html

More to come....

I've completed my blog entry for the trip. My hats of to everyone that creates trip reports. I had no idea how much work it is!

soon to be moved to the Events forum. Look there if you don't see it in the 100 forum any more.

I just uploaded like every picture my boy and I took. Literally just dumped the memory card on the Google drive. Some decent vids of Bluecruiser on the wall...my 8 year old accidentally took some good pics and vids! And I'm a moron and added the clear lake as a folder under Poughkeepsie...cant move it or it will make the whole thing unseeable by everyone Google says...

Last edited:
soon to be moved to the Events forum. Look there if you don't see it in the 100 forum any more.

Why? Seems like it belongs here in the Hundred's forum since this is a 100 Series trip and this is where everyone with a Hundy comes to learn and view threads about their trucks.

Oh well. I guess everything has to be tech these days....

And 3 more:

DSC00253.jpg

DSC00254.jpg

DSC00312.jpg

^^^^ right after driving through that mud pond, steam start to pour out of Nicks exhaust!

My family and I had a great time. Thank you Jonathon, Stan and Chris for putting together a great event. I am uploading some of my pictures (sorry, just cell phone pics). We are already looking forward to getting out that way again next year.

My Black Bear POV video is ready and up on youtube. Shot from the dash of my truck with a GoPro Hero3. The truck in front at the start is BamaBrock. From the summit down it is Nick/2000UZJ.

Trip was over 3 hours, so I ran it at 4x speed except for the steps and 2 switchbacks. Also had to break it into 3 parts.

Part 1 is the ascent plus some:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76U0b5aF388&feature=youtube_gdata

Part 2 is all the good stuff. The stairs start about 4:45. I slowed it down to real time for the good stuff here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h87matUA-mU&feature=youtube_gdata

Part 3 is all the rest of the way down, switchbacks, Bridal Vail, etc:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBfrq4RyQ0g&feature=youtube_gdata

Total runtime on all 3 is about 38mins...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom