Treadwright Customer service blows. Their tires aren't doing much better. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

climber8483

SILVER Star
Threads
Long story short. Treadwright Guard dogs Load range E with the Kedge Grip on a '98 F-150.
2 out of 4 original tires lasted less than 8k miles. These tires had been rotated and pressures checked. These two tires also had very bad sidewall checking showing after the first few months. Treadwright ended up replacing the one that was bald at a reduced fee. I had to buy the other one at full price.

One of my brand new replacement tires with less than 1000 miles on it had part of the tread de-laminate on me while driving to Vegas last week. Tires are load range E and the truck had probably 600 pounds of payload in it including the driver.

Mon 6/2 @10:00 AM I called twice and filled out their online warranty claim which states that they would get back to me within 48 hours. No answer so I left a voicemail.

Tue 6/3 @4:48 PM I called again and no answer so I left a voicemail. I stated that I was on a trip and needed a replacement ASAP and to call me back.

Wed 6/4 @10:26 AM I called and left a third message stating that I haven't heard anything back and that again I'm on a trip and need a new tire.

Thur 6/5 I got a call and talked to them. The Warranty Claim lady said that someone from their engineering department would want to talk to me personally and would call in the next 3-5 days. I explained again that I'm on a trip and need the tire now. She didn't seem to care or say anything other than I'll have to wait until I speak to the engineer. (Not sure what he's going to say other than "Yep, it appears they had a section of tread come off.")

Tues 6/10 As of this posting I still haven't heard anything. At this point I'm fed up. 3 out of 6 tires are s***. The two I didn't replace will not see 20k with the current tread wear, they probably won't even see 15k. Their prices aren't worth only 20k miles and the lack of customer service. For $50 more ($130 + $25 shipping) I can step into a lot of other tires that will have local shops, better service, and much better mileage.

I plan on calling them again tomorrow in the morning to see where things are standing. At this point unless they can pull a magic rabbit out of their ass I'm going to be asking for a full refund and will go buy some Toyo AT2s.

Customer service took forever with the replacement tires too. I gave them my new address twice and then the tires still got shipped to my old address (Good thing I know the people that moved in to my old house).

*I will keep this updated as things progress.

20140601_182343_zps57986e1a.jpeg

-B

Last edited:
5 Were BFG AT KOs the 6th and one in that picture is a Bridgstone Dueller and looked to be in the best condition of them all.

Ouch! That's no bueno - no need to tell you now, but I think this proves it's worth the extra $ up front to avoid issues like this. I spent a fairly decent chunk of change on my Duratracs 2 years ago (around $1,100 I think for the set OTD), but they're wearing incredibly well with lots of offroad, highway, city, snow, sun, etc. Picked up one screw but didn't lose any air pressure and Discount took care of it in about 20 minutes while I had lunch. It's a good feeling knowing I'm taken care of pretty much everywhere with no hassle and they will last a long time too.

I wouldn't run a re-cap on my lawn mower.

At work we've run re-treads on our F-550 work trucks without any problems. And those trucks are driven hard on bad/non-existent roads. So I expect them to be fine on a light passenger truck. I usually pay for good tires, but this truck is old, tired, and my "winter" truck and I plan on selling it shortly so I just wanted tires with decent tread on them when I do.

Update:

6/11 I called them again. Decided to see if sales could help. Took them a few tries to get a hold of someone in the warranty department. Spoke with Eric there. Told him everything (I'll admit I was pretty heated, though I didn't take it out on him). He told me he would call me back within 4 hours with an answer. About half a hour later I get a call from Davey (didn't catch his last name). Davey is the Operations Manager at Treadwright. We talked about the issue and he took the blame for me not being notified a couple days prior that my warranty claim had been approved. He stated that with their move to Texas, the quality of their tires has been able to go up, however their customer service is lacking and they are in the process of fixing that.

All in all, Upper management took the blame :clap:. They acknowledged they have a problem and are trying to fix it, (we'll see as I've heard that from others before). And in the end we came to agreement that works for both of us. I'll let you guys know if things change.

B

I bought a set ( back when they still sold them) of 35x12.5x15 about 7 years ago.
2 of them had issues. With 1 call I was informed that the 35 were a poor choice . That size was getting difficult to find quility carcasses and I was sent a set +1 for spare of 33x12.5x15 at no additional charge .
They are still on my 60 and have a fair amount of tread left . Only problem is there starting to crack from age.
I was actually thinking of buying a set of 31's for my other 60.
I would believe its like anything else .The men behind the equipment being used .
Sorry to hear you had a poor experience with them.

:meh:I have had nothing but good luck with these tires. I ran 31x 10.50s on my Taco for 30,000. I have them on my Jeep grand cherokee(garage queen). And I also have 285s on my 80 that are doing great. I just ordered 5 285's guard dog today. This time I got the bead to bead.

You save about half on a set of BFGs.

It's not worth it though. Used to be. Their customer service has gotten no better than when this thread was started. Their tires come apart and then they refuse to warranty them. I would run re-treads again, but not from Treadwright.

Maybe I'll see if I can get through to upper management. So far I can't even talk to the warranty guy. He makes his secretary call people to deny warranty claims and then never calls back.

Wanted to chime in after searching for Treadwrights customer complaints all over.
In short, its not any better as of 11/14
I have a set that took over a pound each to balance out.
It took over a month to get anyone to take care of it and send another set. This was after MANY phonecalls, emails, and voice mails. and after all that... the replacements they send where even more out of balance.

Gumby, if you still have not found resolution, i suggest filing a complaint with the BBB. I can tell you, The CEO could care less. His name is Anthony Showen and it does absolutely nothing to try to reach him. They pretend hes out of the office and he will not answer emails, phonecalls, or voice mails.
The Warrantee Managers name is David Gomez and can be reached at 713 487 4606 . but good luck getting him to answer.

In short, never do business with this company. the money saved is not worth your time, headache, and safety. Then after all that, i have a worthless set of tires sitting in my shed and STILL have to go buy a real set.
TW tires = 600, 4 balances = $160, New tires = $1400, balance new tires $40
Im out $2200 and a pissed wife instead of just $1440 if i had done it right the first time. lesson learned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom